Sportsmanship question?

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Sportsmanship question?

Postby -poxous » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:19 pm

YOU! Last turn of the game you had 5 GG in BtB with my VC and a BK. You where like 5 As on the BKs...I said 'dude swing on the VC you might get lucky'. At that point I had the game won. You rolled....2 hits ...2 killing blows. I made 1 Ward.

3Ws from that plus the flank and ranks....POP! So lost My general 350pts+100pts, my BKs 300pts+ banner on turn6 giving you the narrow win. Anyhow, you earned it the hard way and went onto glory. I beat up some other armies and came in best general to some guy named Nidal....geez >:

LOL
-poxous

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:20 pm

:hat That's how we roll.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:45 pm

"No Larry I am a bastard! Just ask Ed"

No todd, I never made any comments about your character or temperment. I merely stated you ignore rules you don't like. If that equates to being a bastard, that's your call.

I don't even care that you do it. I just wanted you to admit you do.

That's one of the reasons that I enjoy Nidal so much. He freely admits he's going to ignore rules he doesn't like, and he'll tell you he's doing it, and he'll do it with a smile.
mauleed

Postby subversive » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:49 pm

Larry for an alternate perspective on that round 2 NEWCC game, Nelson's description:

-----
The game with the WM was one of the most frustrating and least fun games I've ever played. I lost all interest about half way through. This game was very tight, and the dude didn't start pulling attitude and clipping until he felt like it might end up a draw. then all hell broke lose. he simply started rolling and picking up dice in the speediest fashion i have ever seen. rushed the game along constantly saying how they were about to call it, etc, etc, etc.

as it turns out the game ended about 45 minutes before they called the round. I then felt like some highschool broad who had just gotten tricked into showing my tits(i have nice ones by the way). i realized that what he was doing is standard practice to throw people off their game. No excuses I lost, but hell it was the least fun and worthwhile game of Fantasy I have ever had the misfortune ofplaying. If this is how the dude plays on a regular basis...well then...

The best part is that he started the game by announcing to me that he had just won the baltimore GT...big fucking whup.

I should have know right then and there what kind of stupid fucking game this was going to be.
-----

While Nelson has left our club due to disagreements on the appropriateness of his playstyle and I don't defend him in any way, it's fair to point out that the cloth cuts both ways. I know Nelson and despite his many flaws, slowhammer isn't one of them. So you being "good at math" may lead to being accused of cheating if you don't slow down enough to let people get a look at your rolls. It's common courtesy
subversive

Postby -Jarrett » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 pm

Look, Larry has a disability. His brain releases too much adrenaline in response to... well any interaction with anything. He can't help it. Nelson's the jerk for showing no understanding towards the cripple
-Jarrett

Postby mauleed » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:01 pm

I agree. And I think Larry should use his newfound legal skills to sue the pants off that bastard!
mauleed

Postby Larro » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:40 pm

Quote:
While Nelson has left our club due to disagreements on the appropriateness of his playstyle and I don't defend him in any way, it's fair to point out that the cloth cuts both ways. I know Nelson and despite his many flaws, slowhammer isn't one of them. So you being "good at math" may lead to being accused of cheating if you don't slow down enough to let people get a look at your rolls. It's common courtesy.

Nelson's "side" of the cloth is grossly inaccurate and your belief in his tale is likely due to the fact that you don't know me at all.

1) The game was never close. I won the game during Deployment. Not only did I know I was the better player when I showed up to the table, my army was exactly what was needed to beat *his* cracked out VC army. Let me see, 2 big units of Black Knights, Blood Dragon vampires everywhere, and 10 units of Wolves. Just like the guy I played Baltimore GT Round 5, my army was simply better built, especially in the VC vs. VC game. I don't lose to VC. To think the game was close would be ridiculous, but again, you don't know me, so it might make some sense - IF NELSON wasn't the one telling you it was close! All I can say is good move by getting rid of him, I'm sure your Club is better off.

2) I don't ROLL DICE fast, or too fast - that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I said I did the MATH quickly, meaning the tabulations at the end of the game. When all your opponent has left on the tabel is a few scattered units of Ghouls, I didn't NEED to count up shit but I did it out of courtesy and the fact it was NEWC and NEWC is supposed to be about fun. I was loose the entire game, and he's the one who caught an attitude first. Not only was he a complete dipshit halfway through the game, right as he realized his Black Knights can't break units of 30+ Skeletons (surprise surprise :rolleyes ), he then catches an attitude and insults me in front of the few spectators that had gathered and my girlfriend who had accompanied me.

3) I've never bragged to ANYONE who isn't a Warmonger or a frequenter of this Forum about winning Baltimore. First, many people at these tournaments likely have no idea what that means to begin with. Second, I always score top in Sports and Comp; Bragging is not conduicive to either of those 2 things. Third, all the people I give 2 shits about were either AT Baltimore and saw me win, or found out about it afterwards on the Forum. The end.

Here's the gist of our game for anyone who cares. There was a big woods in the center of the table. Nelson deploys his army on my left, where I have my infantry line. On his turn 1, he tries to shift his army to the right, in some ridiculous attempt to get around the woods and flank me - which could have happened, if WHFB was a 10-turn game. :rolleyes My Ghouls bound through the woods, march blocking his entirely bottle-necked shitfest. He then forces the issue by turn 3 as he's got nowhere to go, charges in with his Knights, and by Turn 5 they've dissolved. No fast dice rolling involved.

Todd - My bad man! Thanks for the advice though. Although hell, you Killing Blowed MY General on like, turn 3! So you still should have won!
:lol
- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby -Jarrett » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:48 pm

"On his turn 1, he tries to shift his army to the right, in some ridiculous attempt to get around the woods and flank me - which could have happened, if WHFB was a 10-turn game. My Ghouls bound through the woods, march blocking his entirely bottle-necked shitfest. He then forces the issue by turn 3 as he's got nowhere to go, charges in with his Knights, and by Turn 5 they've dissolved."

That is the best battle report I've ever read! :lol
-Jarrett

Postby subversive » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:56 pm

I take everything with a grain of salt. My belief in his "tale" (or the relevant parts of it anyway relating to speed and enjoyability of the game) was supported by a couple of other members of our club who witnessed parts of the game, whose opinions I value more than Nelson's, and the fact that I was playing a perfectly enjoyable game at the next table. I'm not interested in arguing with you, just providing the other perspective. Use it to your benefit or don't, no skin off my back. Like I said, I'm not here to defend Nelson.

edited for clarit
subversive

Postby -Jarrett » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:01 am

So what was your take on the game being at the next table over
-Jarrett

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer Fantasy