2000pt Khorne MSU tell me what you think??

Moderator: Anger Worm

2000pt Khorne MSU tell me what you think??

Postby -Thepolarbear » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:11 am

Hey guys,

I finally have finished my first 40k army, now I am looking to start and finish a fantasy army. I thought that this might work. I have most of the army, I'd just need to get a Carnosaur and balrog wings for the dragon, and I'd need to get some furies...anyway, let's look at the list and I am curious what you guys think, again I am new to fantasy...

Lord:
Lord of Chaos, Mark of Khorne, Chaos Rune Sword, Gaze of the gods, Shield, Chaos Dragon
        Total: 713pts

Heroes: 270
Aspiring Champion of Chaos, Mark of Khorne, Barded Chaos Steed, Flail, Shield
        Total: 135pts

Aspiring Champion of Chaos, Mark of Khorne, Barded Chaos Steed, Flail, Shield
        Total: 135pts

Core: 864pts
4 Knights of Chaos, Mark of Khorne, Full Command
        Total: 227pts

4 Knights of Chaos, Mark of Khorne, Full Command
        Total: 227pts

5 Knights of Chaos, Mark of Khorne, Full Command
        Total: 260pts

5 Warhounds
        Total: 30pts

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

Special:
10 Chaos Furies
        Total: 150pts

It comes in below 2000pts. I have thought about dropping a few furies and maybe changing the magic items for the Lord to get another small unit of Warhounds. Anyway, one of the biggest draws to the army is it's size, as I won't feel over whelmed with assembling and painting. I am also considering an elite Woodelf list as well...but it'd take a bit more money than this list.

Thanks for any/all advice,
-D
-Thepolarbear

Re: 2000pt Khorne MSU tell me what you think??

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:22 am

Well, you'll lose any game against a competent player. How's that for an assessment? :b You do realize that all your hard hitting units will be played by the guy across the table, correct
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:46 pm

Frenzied armies need to have alot of units. Just having a handful of major hitters means that you'll be baited, flanked, and broken.
mauleed

Postby Ring87 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:06 pm

Thats for sure. Looks like a stinker I use to run >D . My list was even faster. It is fun if you can get into combat which just about nobody makes easy. Collar of Khorne on the Lord wolud help.

Just don't let your dragon get redirected by some Shadow Warrior:b

I would give you the advice that was given to me set up your Dragon to be able to charge multiple units(he is large) and that way its harder to bait him.
Ring87

Postby -Jarrett » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:40 pm

Crap, even your lord has mark of Khorne.

This list is both crap and obnoxious, and that's not easy to do! You take as much super hitty stuff as you can fit, and just ram it accross the board. But hey, your opponent gets to lure it off wherever he wants, so it doesn't even go where you want it to. You play less than your half of the game - your opponent dictates about 75% of it, and you cross your fingers and hope your meatgrinder units win it for you. Combine that with the fact that your stuff actually takes leadership tests and flees when it gets flanked and you've got a bad Khorne Demon legion.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying your a jerk, because you might not know better (unlike Dave :lol ). But what's the point of a list like this? Don't you want to actually play the game?
-Jarrett

Postby -TheRooster101 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:04 pm

Quick clarification on something that Mauleed said above about fleeing. When a unit charges and the charged unit decides to flee how does the pursuit work? Does the charging unit move its full charge distance and then roll a pursuit distance? Or can the charging unit only catching the fleeing unit if that unit ends up within its charge distance?
-TheRooster101

Postby -Jarrett » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm

The fleeing unit can only be caught if, after it flees, it is still within the chargers charge distance
-Jarrett

Postby mauleed » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:28 pm

Remember, pursuit is something that only happens after a unit breaks from combat, not flees from a charge.
mauleed

Postby -TheRooster101 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:39 pm

Then I really screwed up tactically in a game recently. You will see in a battle report that I am writing up.
-TheRooster101

Postby -Jarrett » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:44 pm

Yes, but to be clear units still get run down if they flee from a charge and don't escape the charge distance
-Jarrett

Next

Return to Warhammer Fantasy