To slay a dragon...

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: To slay a dragon...

Postby -poxous » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:17 pm

I realize my combo is not very flashy but remember WFBs are not always won by killing things! CR is the name of the game. Never being out number is huge and combos with a lot of stuff. If you prefer MSU brets, I know I do, then he combos with any lance tipping the favor for you. Combo him in with PKs and you again have a winning combat vs most stuff.

The main issue brets have is dealing with threats. What do brets have to do this? Peg Knights and Knights. So something simple like a chariot has to be taken care of by one of these units. How do you stop 3 chariots and cav? Have enough knights. Sending knights off to deal with low point threats, chariots just being one example, takes away from your attack. The BsB can be used to do this and can do so almost unharmed vs most armies. 2+ rerollable save is great.

Trust me WE tree armies, a current trendy list, have no chance vs a GK BsB like mine and a GK lord. These 2 guys can destroy several dryad units with ease with you opponet is still trying to stop 6+ lances and PKs. It's fun :)
-poxous

Postby -Jarrett » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:12 am

I agree completely, it's a very handy combo.

Bret characters can be configured in all kinds of cool ways, and a lance, even a small one, heading into combat with +4 (rank, std, BSB, +1 for bsb) is breaking most things.

I actually think the +1 strength over toughness is the worst way to go. It doesn't guarantee combat rest like a +1 standard/virtue & SoM, and doesn't give you the problem-solving flexibility and durability of Todd's combo
-Jarrett

Postby -poxous » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:22 am

Yea...no BsB needs a magic weapon( lizards with strike first sword aside). With a magic weapon you are rolling 3 dice with at best a 66% to hit in order to get CR. With Jarretts combo you hace 1CR in the bank and you still roll 3 dice to maybe another.

It's always better to avoid rolling dice to win combats. Jarretts combo and mine avoid dice being a factor. Also, consider if you got charged. Then consider the flexablity of being able to hop the CR provided to a fresh unit or charge in from the side to support another lance of knights. Flexablity is a REAL big deal in WFB. Brets tend to be a north south army( meaning they move foward well not left to right) outside of the PKs so having characters that can move CR around helps a lot.
-poxous

Postby Sergrum » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:31 am

I like sword of might/ duty on my BSB. give my the +2 combat rez and 3 str 5 attacks. I have to watch out vs high str opponents, but I find +1 always is better then sometimes. Especally if he's with a knight unit who might already outnumber.

I use the no outnumber on my Hippo lord/ auto hit lance. Gives him a nice chance vs units with 3-4 static rez.

Sergrum
Sergrum

Postby mauleed » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:58 am

My RAF Bsb is always duty/warbanner.

+4 combat res on such a mobile platform is awesome.
mauleed

Postby Sergrum » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:14 am

Where you getting +4? Bsb, warbanner, duty. Don't even tell me a bsb counts as a normal standard cause you're wrong ED!

Sergrum
Sergrum

Postby mauleed » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:27 am

Actually, now that I look at it, I think you're right.
mauleed

Postby Sergrum » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:29 am

But that +3 guy is nasty as well. Do you give him GV? he could hold a skele unit up for an entire game.

Sergrum
Sergrum

Postby mauleed » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:04 am

Yes I do.

He's not bery durable though on a peg. He's just 2 T4 5+ save wounds.
mauleed

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy