Warmachines firing at skirmishers

Moderator: Anger Worm

Warmachines firing at skirmishers

Postby -TheRooster101 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:00 am

Another Rule question since it seems people are refreshing these boards every 5 seconds judging by the speed they answered my last one.

In the rules it states that wounds are combined on models that have multiple wounds for ease. So if the models have 3 wounds a piece and you do 2, 2, 3 to 3 different models in the unit then it is combined to be 3, 3, and 1. Thus 2 models are killed and one has 1 wound on it.

My question is when you are firing with a cannon at skirmishers that have multiple wounds.

First example, you fire at the unit and your cannon ball bounces over 2 models that have 3 wounds a piece. Each model suffers 2 wounds a piece. Do you remove one as a casualty and the remaining one has 1 wound or do they both have 2 wounds?

Second scenario, same as above except there is a model in the unit that the cannon ball did not pass over and it has 1 wound already. The same number of wounds are inflicted as before. Would 2 of the wounds be given to the model in the unit that already has 1 wound or are they left on the two models that were hit? Thus 1 model would be killed and 2 models would have 1 wound a piece.

Thanks for your help on this.
-TheRooster101

Re: Warmachines firing at skirmishers

Postby mattbird » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:12 am

AFIAK, skirmishers are treated just like a normal unit for allocating wounds to multi-wound models, if that helps
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby -poxous » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:12 am

Remember models don't have wounds on their own in a unit per say. The unit has the Wounds... So 4 Ogres is 12 Ws. It helps when you are trying to think about these things. Remember a model can not take more Ws than it has. So if you shot Ogres you can never score more than 3 Ws per model hit.

Now a cannon skipping across skirmishers is no different than any other unit. say it hits 2 Peg Knights and does 2 and 3 Ws. Then 2 PKs are removed as they only have 2 wounds per model( you can not overkill one).

A cannon skips across 2 salamanders and 3 skinks; one salamander in the unit has a 1W on it. Roll the salamander wounds...say 2,3 and remove 2 salamanders( 3Ws on one and 2 Ws on a wounded Salamander making 3). The three skinks would take wounds on their own...say 1,2,3... they only have 1W per model so three die.
-poxous

Postby -TheRooster101 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:28 am

Thanks for your help on these rules since it was a something my friend and I were not sure about in our last match up.
-TheRooster101

Return to Warhammer Fantasy