Empire list for comment

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Empire list for comment

Postby KevinC » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:25 am

Cool list John, I look forward to playing against it!

As for Ogres, I believe it is in the Ogre Kingdoms FAQ that you can choose either Ogre Kingdoms OR Dogs of War Ogres, it's up to the player.

Also, it does not matter about the Dogs of War choice being in the army books, the Dogs of War rules clearly state which armies are allowed to take Dogs of War. The Ogre Kingdom books states that Ogre units "may be taken in a warhammer army with the option of taking dogs of war as a rare choice". Again the Dogs of War special rules state which armies may take Dogs of War as a Rare choices. So the army list entry in the army books were always more a a simple reminder anyway.

Kevin ou
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby Ring87 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:22 am

Sick Blitzkrieg dude.....
I agree with a allot of the comments above. I think you should drop the ogres to 3 each and make them ironguts. Drop 1 mortar and add some pistoleers.

How do you plan to use the mortars? Attack one flank and blast the other. Most of your army is going to be charging turn 2. I wouldn't want to scatter on my own troops.
Ring87

Postby -the black prince » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:04 pm

do the knights need leaders?

how about adding a champ with a hockland long rifl to the handgunners, to pick out enemy mages/hierophants etc.
-the black prince

Postby -John Bianchi » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:55 am

I might try the marksman upgrade. I'd never thought it worth the points, since I've never actually seen a marksman hit anything, but you never know!

So anyone have an answer for my earlier question?

Which is best - two level 2s or two Warrior priests? - or one of each? Again, casting is not as important to me as dispel ability.
-John Bianchi

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:59 am

I would say, for pure game potency, get two level 2's. You'll need a couple of scrolls and can still wield a mid-level magic phase, or a bit better with the rod
-Jarrett

Postby mattbird » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:01 am

I would think you need 1dispell scroll in there, or 5 dispel dice. So maybe 1 priest, 1 lvl 2 with a scroll and bound item? that would give you the eqivalent of 7 casting dice for an acceptable magic phase.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:30 am

I think with Karl Franz limiting you to 3 characters you want the 2 mages so as not to dilute your phase. Really it comes down to what you want to wield. A single priest's boundspell doesn't demand the dispel that a lvl 2 mage would, which empowers the your magic phase as a whole
-Jarrett

Postby -John Bianchi » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:21 am

Brother, I've totally forgotten how this works - actually, I never knew how this worked - I only ever took one level one with 2 scrolls - sometimes two level ones with four scrolls (This latter course still seems very attractive to me, even though I realize you could spend 130 points more usefully).

Wouldn't a level 2 only have access to 3 dice? How is a priest and a level 2 the equivalent of seven casting dice? Are you counting two dice for each of the bound spells?

Remember - I don't care about tourney gaming so I'm not interested in using the same list from game to game. It might be bad form, but why not just take two level twos with two scrolls against a magic-heavy army, and then just drop the scrolls out in favor of bound items and power stones against Dave?
-John Bianchi

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:44 am

Most of us make a list for all comers and that's it. As you well know we play with tournaments in mind so it's really the best practice to do it that way.

He's counting a bound spell as two power dice I believe, because that is what it takes to reliably dispel that spell. I think 4 spells from the new lores with 6+ casting dice (depending on your items/# of scrolls, you can get a bound spell or rod of power) is more potent than the priest and level 2.

Two level 1 caddies is certainly all right, but you've got to ask yourself if, at that point, you might not want to bump them both up to level 2 for only 70 points and actually get a magic phase. I don't think you need 4 scrolls either
-Jarrett

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy