Nidal is putting together a standard High Elves List?

Moderator: Anger Worm

Nidal is putting together a standard High Elves List?

Postby -GESSIG » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:57 pm

What are your ideas on this new list?
-GESSIG

Re: Nidal is putting together a standard High Elves List?

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:04 am

Well, I'm not YET. I'm going to paint models in advance for when the book comes out. What I'm going to try and have ready to go are:

2 mages with toys (maybe one is a lord)
a lord or a BSB (likely not both)
2 units of 7 wide, 3 deep spearmen
1 decent unit of archers
swordmasters and/or white lions
seaguard
2 cav (one heavy one light)
2 chariots
1 shadow warriors
2 eagles

I want it to be a mixed list. I think it'll do fine. Jacob's mixed HE force is a fun and mixed army, and this is based on the same concept that a mixed elf army can do fine. Hell, even the crappy seaguard army is competitive, so this should do even better, especially when you consider the power-creep they're going to shove into the new high-elf book when it finally comes out. (reduced point, new magic/items/special rules)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Arash » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:02 am

I don't see how you will fit all that into a 2250 army. Unless you are just painting it so you can mix and mash.
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:37 am

Actually, Jacob's army is pretty close to that. He has an extra chariot and 2 exra eagles. He doesn't have the archer, and has smaller units of spearmen. But elves, as all armies seem to do, will drop in cost with the new book, making most of that possible. I'm sure it'll be a bit over, but not by much.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Ring87 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 pm

I am planning to start High elves before the new book comes out. I want to theme the army around the kingdom of Chrace.
White Lions, Lion Pulled chariots, and giant lions as Maneaters ect. I want to keep the Autumn forest theme thing going. That or Desert colors with cracked earth bases.

I can take my time before the book comes out to try and paint them to a high standard. Besides the cost of all the models is going to go up after the book comes out.

I agree with Nidal about the power creep and points cost. Hopefully they will make the Elite Infantry more viable. The archers need a little something as well.
Ring87

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:30 am

I heard a rumor that archers will return to the shoot-in-two-ranks rule. That would put them on par with DE xbowmen in that if they line up in two ranks, you can basically double-shoot your frontage. If you line up full-wide, DE's get twice as many shots at a slighly lower range, which makes sense. Let's hope that particular rumor is true.

The thing I've always liked about high elves is that they're just a tiny bit bit *better* than standard troops. Spears fight in ONE extra rank. Archers used to shoot in ONE extra rank. They more ONE inch more than standard infantry. Their leadership is ONE more than humans. Of course, they pay for this (and some say too much), but hey... they have pointy hats. ;)
VectorAWX3

Postby Truculent Gentleman » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:24 am

You never know...I may make my return to the club with a HE army in hand.
Truculent Gentleman

Return to Warhammer Fantasy