VC idea

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: VC idea

Postby -Jarrett » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:05 am

Yep, just meant another block. Really you're going to raise more if you need to. I don't see the 5th block as ruining the list though. Like I said, try 5 and scale it down depending on needs. Buying the models wont be a waste since, guess what? you raise units
-Jarrett

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:19 am

Look.. put them behind 2 units. I can charge 2 units and 2 chariots at those two frontal units, and get them all into one big combat. Between that and a character or two, I'll but right through those frontal units in one turn and be right on the necros in the next turn, butchering them. Bottom line, an infantry line of undead DOES NOT WORK. You NEED support units to do warhammer things. Redirect. Threaten. Harrass. Fight. Protect. Pushing models forward and rolling spells is NOT the way to play the game, even if it would work. And in this case, it won't.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Jarrett » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:28 am

5 blocks of 25 skellies is only half his points (1325). I think the idea is that there will be that other stuff to do that Nidal, just a question of how much.

If you want, take 2 blocks of skellies and 3 blocks of 25 zombies, that should run you around 1025, for 125 unbreakable infantry. Now you've got the bodies you want and points to play with
-Jarrett

Postby -Gorbad Ironclaw » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:39 am

But why would you pay for 125 models to begine with(specially with spears)?

At least for me, it works better starting with a number of smaller units, just shy of the 20 mark, and then just raise into them. You can always get more skeletons and zombies, you need to invest the points in all the stuff you can't create during the game. All IMO of course, but I wouldn't sink half your points into zombies and skeletons from the beginning.
-Gorbad Ironclaw

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy