Rob.. great game but....

Moderator: Anger Worm

Rob.. great game but....

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:51 am

We got one thing wrong. (and it's your fault) :p

Remember how we were talking about being able to see everyone on a hill, even the guys in the back.. you can't. It's the exact opposite. If you're on a hill, looking at the ground, you can see everyone on the ground, including the guys in the back. Looking at a hill from the ground, you can only see the front two ranks. Get what I'm saying? It didn't matter, since we both used the incorrect rule to our advantage.

In the diagram below, two units (ground and hill) and characters hiding behind them are looking at each other. All the ones in red can see the enemy in red. All the ones in green cannot see the enemy(and cannot be seen by the enemy). Makes sense?

.....C....
GGGGGG
GGGGGG
GGGGGG
GGGGGG

HHHHHH
HHHHHH

HHHHHH
HHHHHH
....C.....
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Re: Rob.. great game but....

Postby robk » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:05 am

Well goes to show how much I know about the rules :lol
robk

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:10 am

Right.. proves once again then when I flub the rules, I have EVERY right to say "But Rob told me I could!" :lol
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -paulsk » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:29 am

Why would the models on the ground see exactly two ranks of the unit on top of the hill? Are you trying to reciprocate the 'fire in two ranks from a hill' rule
-paulsk

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:32 am

Basically. Makes sense that since two ranks on a hill can see (and shoot at) the ground, then the ground should technically see two ranks on the hill (has no game effect that I can think of).

What's important to keep in mind (and this is a change in the rules from last edition) is that ALL the models on the ground can see the unit on the hill, and ALL ranks can shoot at them. Big change to the rules, and has a very nice effect on ranked shooty infantry such as seaguard and nightgobs with bows.
VectorAWX3

Postby -poxous » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:23 am

Ranked peasant bowmen FTW!
-poxous

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:35 am

How about a unit of 20 RxB dark elves with full command. Great for adding combat res to... something. And when it's convenient, they move towards a hill and throw 40 shots at whatever is foolish enough to stand there. It'll erase a fast-cav unit, could seriously hurt or destroy a flying unit. Will half-kill a giant. And what I would do is get into charge range and dare the to charge me so I could get a 20 RxB model stand-and-shoot!

"Our arrows will blot out the sun." ;)
VectorAWX3

Postby -poxous » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:01 am

Cheese!
-poxous

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:15 am

:lol Come on, man! It's a new use for friggin ranked infantry! And they cost POINTS! And with that many, you may as well give them full command.
VectorAWX3

Postby -poxous » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:21 am

CHEESE!

I'm just keeping up my "all he does is complain" rep.
-poxous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy