New O&G character - Troll Chieftain

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: New O&G character - Troll Chieftain

Postby mattbird » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:02 am

Jarrett, rerolling a 7 Ld would have him failing it perhaps once a game. That is not a gimp! I like the special trait idea
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby mauleed » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:05 am

Does this guy keep the ability to call a 'waaagh'? I don't think he should.
mauleed

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:11 am

Fine, keeps stupid and rerolls.

Add magic item: "Dunce Cap" The magical dunce cap improves the troll's intelligence to that of a dunce. The troll wearing the dunce cap takes stupidity checks at its leadership +1. 20 points. ;)
-Jarrett

Postby KevinC » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:18 am

Thanks for the feedback so far.

As far as the profile goes, I gave him the bonuses of a typical Lord character compared to a regular infantry of the same type. For example, this is typically (for lords) +3WS, +1S, +1T, +2W, +2I, +2LD (though I gave the Troll Chieftain +3 LD because LD6 seemed too low here). Even so, I will consider WS5. An Ogre Tyrant is however WS6, where both Trolls and Ogres are WS3.

I think I will remove the magic weapon, I kind of don't like the idea of the troll getting a magic weapon option and letting him have Martog's Best Basha (+1WS, +1S and +1I) for 15 points seems really good.

As far as more Troll options and even other Troll characters - that, of course, could be really neat. However, my goal with this is not to make a Troll army list (more breeds, more Troll characters, etc) but rather make a single simple option (the Troll Chieftain) that allows one to create a Troll army and/or have access for more Trolls without going crazy. For example, when I try this out at the club I don't want to have to explain a whole new viarity of Trolls and characters, just the one. Even so, making other new Trolls units is something I'll think about.

As far as the Troll Chieftain being effected by Stupidity I do kinda agree with Matt, but not sure. I think I should playtest a bit and see. I am thinking that Matt's suggestion might be the way to go here, meaning having the Chieftain stupid, but allowing himself and all Troll units within 12" re-roll failed stupidty. This makes the whole special rule more streamline and still keeps in character. A LD7 stupid creature with a re-roll I think is still playable on the battlefield.

Anymore comments welcomed!

Thanks,

Kevin ou
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby KevinC » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:20 am

Quote:
Does this guy keep the ability to call a 'waaagh'? I don't think he should.

Good call Ed, I'll add to his rules that if he is the general you cannot call a Waaagh!

Kevin ou
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:23 am

Yipes, now I see almost no reason to take him as the general. Take him solo, leave the rest of the trolls home, and make an orc your general. All in good fun I guess
-Jarrett

Postby mattbird » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:26 am

well, it's an unofficial rule, so the whole thing would bu just for good fun
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:33 am

Trolls can have a Wuugh?!

See, fun? :D
-Jarrett

Postby Bauhaus » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:40 am

My choice would be for trolls not to like magic (or be very good at controlling the flux.) It seems too "smart" for them for one, and my understanding of lore would be that they're considerably more like dwarves in that regard. Maybe even give them more dispell or magic resistance as opposed to magic items.

I also think that the reroll is better than having them not be stupid. They are stupid creatures after all and maybe the Tyrant keeps them more in line, but it's hard to have a stupid critter become "smart" all of a sudden.
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby mauleed » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:44 am

Stupid on a 7 with a reroll.

+2 LD if something is in charge range.
mauleed

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer Fantasy