New O&G character - Troll Chieftain

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: New O&G character - Troll Chieftain

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:06 am

...BUT if you declare you're using the +2 leadership, you MUST declare a charge that turn, if you make your stupid check. No using that leadership to maneuver around.. it's only for ea'in li'l t'ings!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:17 am

Immune to stupidity or not immune but reroll. Either way is simple and elegant. None of this +2 nonsense. Except with the dunce cap
-Jarrett

Postby subversive » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:53 am

If you're going for something fun, why not just make him a special character? Forget about options for magic weapons and just give him exactly what the model you make has
subversive

Postby ZiggyQubert » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:59 am

If you do decide to have unit upgrades I could see it working like lizard-men sacred spawning (turns a special choice of trolls into a rare choice) and call it breeds, thus river and stone trolls would be breeds, I could also see a breed granting dispel dice, or having a better regen save. Or having one breed being a base type.

Hummmm....

-Brookie
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby KevinC » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:41 am

I just edited the Troll Chieftain entry (check it out).

The more I thought about Matt's sugestion the more I liked it so the Chieftain does suffer from Stupidity (He is a Troll and so should). If he is the army gerneral then the chieftain and Trolls within 12" may reroll their failed stupid tests.

Also, if he's the general you cannot declare a Waaagh!

I did lower his points from 240 to 220, any thoughts about points? And I did take away the option of a magic weapon.

For now I was going to leave his WS at 6.

Any other thoughts please post. Also, I'm curious how people feel about his points cost?

Thanks,

Kevin ou
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:09 am

At leadership 7 and stupid, he's failing more than once a game. Uncool at any point cost for your GENERAL!!!!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby subversive » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:13 pm

I disagree. I think it's perfectly playable and totally fun. If you're going to play a made up list for fun, you're not looking to win games, and you're not looking to play against finely tuned tourney armies. Go in, fail some stupidity tests and have a ball seeing what the big dumb oaf does
subversive

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:37 pm

Let me know when you want to playtest it Kevin, I'm down
-Jarrett

Postby KevinC » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:15 pm

Nidal, you have to consider that stupid creatures are immune once they are in combat. So in a 6 turn game, my Troll chieftain should be in combat at least 2-3 turns, which means I'll be taking 3-4 stupid tests or less.

Also, considering his strengths (big, powerful character, re-roll ability for trolls, etc.) I think it's a nice balance that the Chieftian himself is stupid. Especially if you take him simply as a subordinate character (rather than the general) his stupidity keeps him balanced and in line with the O&G army list (i.e. animosity tests, etc).

Jarrett, in a couple weeks I should be good to go - just recovering from surgery a the moment.

I guess people are cool with the points cost?

Kevin ou
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby elrodogg » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:32 pm

Quote:
At leadership 7 and stupid, he's failing more than once a game. Uncool at any point cost for your GENERAL!!!!

Nidal, he's for fun. Not for competitiveness. People take items that make their lords stupid all the time, granted they tend to have higher leadership, but also they don't have the rest of the statline that he does. Lighten up! Besides, it's Kevin Coleman, he'll pass those leadership tests. :eek
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer Fantasy