So Jarrett, I tried Lizards

Moderator: Anger Worm

So Jarrett, I tried Lizards

Postby mauleed » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:05 am

I tried lizards at a Fantasy tournament this weekend, but the cheeseball in me took over and I ran it with a 2nd gen slann.

I only managed 3 test games with it (and 2 of those were against the same opponent and took less than an hour to play both games) before I took it to the tournament, but still managed to win overall with it. (my first overall in a fantasy tournament ever). In two of the games I won by over 2000 points.

But you were right, it is exactly the kind of list I enjoy playing and I think I'm going to stick with it for a while. Thanks for the input and steering me into that direction.

I'll have to try it without the magic for the colonial though. But this is likely my GW GT army.
mauleed

Re: So Jarrett, I tried Lizards

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:15 am

Hey don't blame me! It's not my fault everyone! Sorry. |I

2nd gen, huh? So a) how many skinks, b) how many sallies? I know what this is going to look like already. :x 3) How'd you get it painted already?

Sorry world. :(
-Jarrett

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:17 am

Jarret, you f#@K! >:

Ed, if you're winning 2 of 3 games by 2000 points, don't you think you should tone it down JUST a bit? :p
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby deFl0 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:19 am

LOL!!! Ed goes from shooty armies of doom 40K to Magic Shooty armies of doom in Fantasy.

I love it. I can see why its exactly the army you've been looking for :p

Pete
deFl0

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:31 am

"Gee Ed, you know what would really suit you..."
-Jarrett

Postby mauleed » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:44 am

I didn't finish painting it yet. Actually I'm repainting Ludwig's lizards, so it's half my purple/grey and half his blue/red. Looks very bad, but there's a local store that runs battle points only tournaments.

The list I used, which will be tuned slightly, was:

2nd gen Slann, BSB, Fear Banner, +1 casting/dispell die, extra spell, daidam of power
Lvl 2 skink, 2 scrolls (no idea why I gave him lvl 2, that'll disappear, probably replaced with an extra terradon).
Scar vet with gw/la/sh, nike shoes, sotek, ItP, 5+ ward

16 temple guard, warbanner, musician, shields
3X12 skinks with blowpipes
12 scouting skinks with blowpipes
2X3 krox
3 terradons
3 sallies

I made a ton of mistakes, but the list is so strong I still won anyway. And as you fellas have been telling me, I suck and I need that strong list to win, so rather than fight it, I'll just embrace it!
mauleed

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am

:lol Sorry
-Jarrett

Postby mattbird » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:57 am

yuck! solid list. Wouldn't fancy having to play againsst it in a tourney, for certain
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby mauleed » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:03 am

I did have someone request after the tournament that next time we play I lube him up generously and leave time for spooning after the game. :lol

I'm not sure yet what it's weaknesses are. I was thinking Brets would be a problem, but skinks are amazing at redirecting them.

The real way to beat it I think is to kill everything but the temple guard. If you kill the skink priest and then manage to lock up the slann so he has no LOS it hampstrings the list. But even then you're going to have a hard time even eeking out a small win.
mauleed

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:12 am

How do skinks redirect brets? You aim the lance at your target, skinks get in way but you charge and keep your alignment. They form up to you, you blow through them and continue on your merry way.

And yes Ed, the strength of the list is definitely in its points denial. You either kill everything but the slann/guard, which isn't easy considering the general speed and that you have to endure magic and shooting, or you somehow try and crack that dead hard nut.

Frankly I hate it! :b
-Jarrett

Next

Return to Warhammer Fantasy