So Jarrett, I tried Lizards

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: So Jarrett, I tried Lizards

Postby -poxous » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:49 am

That is pretty much Logan's list. It's VP denial a day long. I had no trouble with Logan's army using my BKs. If he hadn't used creative rules on his Slanns LOS when the skink pirest was gone I'd have won and not tied him...oh well. The US8 game was much more of a screwball than the stuff that was pulled vs me.
-poxous

Postby mauleed » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:56 am

How did you deal with it Todd? (and what are BKs?)

And what was the 'creative rule' with the LOS? As I said, I think killing that skink is key, because then you can keep the slaan from casting.
mauleed

Postby AndyP » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:58 am

Ed Wrote:

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of metal, because the default spell is kind of blah.

:eek You mean you're not a fan of the bane head/sniper spell combo?

On a large target (with LoS to just about anything) you can basically take out the enemy general in two turns. That combo scares the hell out of me.

Andy P
Duncan: I don't think you really comprehend the enthusiasm many people have for all things Potter.
AndyP

Postby mauleed » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:01 am

And what happens when he doesn't have a decent armor save? (yes, then I don't pick metal I know).

I've considered it, but right now I'd rather spend those points elsewhere.
mauleed

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:03 am

Ooh I heard about that game.

Todd is referring to his black knights, which he takes en masse.
-Jarrett

Postby mauleed » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:06 am

I can imagine that this sort of list in the hands of Logan is a real nutbuster.
mauleed

Postby -poxous » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:59 am

I had 2 units of BKs, a black coach, 3 units wolves + summon wolves, 3 units of ghouls, and bats, nike thrall.

So turn 2 I killed everything but the krox and TG/slann. I had summoned zombies in the rear of the TG unit. His priest ran and hide behind a hill in the corner and could see anything. Dispite that his slann cast spells picking off both necros, all my bats/wolves. He couldn't see them but claimed the Slann has 360 LOS and floated above HtH...I never faced pne before. In the end he had the Slann and 3 TG left surrounded by BKs and the coach. I wiffed and lost my thrall vs Krox...( I charged in killed one he passed break test then the next combat he claimed his krox where using hand weapons so he went first and killed me). He tried other fun stuff like stand and shoot with sallies( I knew better on that one). Logan is a pal of mine at GTs and I suprised he was like that vs me. I guess when you are undefeated in game 5 it all comes out.
-poxous

Postby Larro » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:03 am

That's exactly what I was thinking Todd, in dealing with this list. The way you stop Skinks is using Summoning spells behind them. They need to get close enough to blast you, and with things that charge 18 and 20 inches such as Wolves and Bats, which I take enough of, combined with 4 blocks and more than enough magical power, and a Wolf Form Thrall if push comes to shove, the Skinks should go or be reduced to a minimal role. And by then, 4 blocks are bearing down on 1 block of your infantry and 2 minimum sized of Kroxigors, who without support, will drop even to Skellies.

- Larr
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby mauleed » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:05 am

He really tried to claim his slann had 360 LOS? :rolleyes

I don't think I'd have a horrible time against VC, even with what you describe, but I won't know until I know. I'll get someone to proxy it and see how it plays out.
mauleed

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:19 am

Well as far as hard match ups I dont think half your army being in a single stubborn unit with rerollable leadership 9 and immune to fear has many weaknesses, especially when the rest of your army moves 6" and plays disengagement shooting, all backed up by the most magic intensive character set available.

Given that, VC handles these problems well compared to most other armies. Still most games come down to the gamers. You'll trounce Dogs of War every time
-Jarrett

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer Fantasy