Empire army list

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Empire army list

Postby -Jarrett » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:24 am

Yes Duncan, but it's also always cast - no chance of rolling too low - and it becomes a volume game. If you're throwing 5-7 bound spells out there, each of which demands 2 dice to reliably dispel, you're guaranteed to get a bunch off. Combine a lector and priest with 2 level 2s + magic items and the empire magic phase becomes far more reliable than armies with lots of regular dice and spells
-Jarrett

Postby robk » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:27 am

Yes but if I remember correctly all the prayers do is agument your armies stats. Are there any prayers that can project force
robk

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:34 am

Soulfire: enemy unit takes D6 S4 hits with no save. Undead, demon, forest spirit = D6 S5 hits.
Emperors Reckoning

Postby elrodogg » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:47 am

Rob - that's why they are backed up by 2 cannons, 2 steam tanks and 30 hangunners. ;)
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby KevinC » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:22 am

John,

Great - please come back and play Warhammer fantasy. You can make many good Empire armies with your miniature collection.

I know you never liked wizards and spell, Empire is an army you can get away without using any wizards. Not sure how you feel about warrior priests, but with a couple warrior priests you can avoid including any wizards.

Arch Lectors are basically Lord level warrior priests that generate 2 dispel dice each, LD 9 and can ride a war alter. They only have 2 Attacks however.

Also John, keep in mind magic is not as strong as it once was in 6th edition. Wizards can no longer share power dice. So before a 4th level wizard could use all the dice you army generated (for the most part), now that same wizard is limited to the dice he actually generates and the common pool of 2 dice. A level 2 wizard who generates 2 power dice cannot share them with the level 4. So now powerful wizards with lots of spells have limited power dice to use.

Kevin ou
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby mattbird » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:24 am

TEH NEW MPIRE TOTLY WROXXXXXORRREZES! OMG!!WTF!
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby -Jarrett » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:27 am

Well don't get us wrong Matt. Nothing is more fun to play and play against than Tzeentch Daemon Legion
-Jarrett

Postby elrodogg » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:31 am

:rollin

Birdoff, you got served. :smokin
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby KevinC » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:06 am

John,

Using the models from your list, I came up with a 2,250 point Empire army that I believe is fun, competitive and no wizards!

Total point value is 2,247.

CHARACTERS
195 - General of the Empire + Full Plate Armour + Shield + Runefang.

133 - Captain + Full Plate Armour + BSB + Shroud of Magnus (5+ ward and Magic Resistance 2).

119 - Warrior Priest + Great Weapon + Armour of Meteoric Iron (1+ armour save).

138 - Warrior Priest + Heavy Armour + Enchanted Shield + Barded War horse (1+ armour save) + Sigil of Sigmar (Magic Resistance 1).

CORE
80 - 10 Handgunners

155 - 5 Knights + Full Command (Mounted Warrior priest goes here giving them hatred and magic resistance 1).

169 - 24 Swordsmen + Full Command (BSB goes here giving them Magic Resistance 2).
60 - 10 Spearmen + Shields (Detachment for Swordsmen).

164 - 24 Spearmen + Shields + Full Command (Warrior Priest on foot goes here gives them hatred).
54 - 9 Spearmen + Shields (Detachment for Spearmen).

SPECIAL
300 - 24 Greatswords + Full Command + Banner of Arcane Warding (gives them Magic Resistance 2, General of Empire goes here).
60 - 10 Spearmen + Shields (Detachment for Greatswords).

75 - Mortar

100 - Great Cannon

100 - Great Cannon

RARE
60 - 10 Halflings + Bows
285 - Golgfag's Ogres

You have a solid army with good fighty units backed by a good amount of shooting and you have a couple prays from the Priests. For magic defense you have 4 dispel dice, plus nearly all your main units have magic resistance. I'm actually really excited about this list, can I use your army? :)

What do you think John?

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby -John Bianchi » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:12 am

Kevin -

It's *exactly* what I always liked to field.

The problem is, those armies of mine, despite being "balanced" in the classic combined arms sense, are slow and easy to flank or outmaneuver whenever I end up playing against mobile armies: Nurgle, Tzeench, Khorne and Woodies. I get smashed time and again with this exact build. I think I don't want an army that fights, but rather, one that can move out of the way until I can concentrate on a digestible part of my opponent's army.

I was actually thinking of something like this, and forgive my complete ignorance of what can be legally taken with what:

somebody in authority with a nasty hitty weapon and decent protection on a Dragon
somebody with no authority or skill with a nasty exploding suicide weapon (I hope these still exist) on a pegasus
a scroll caddy with two scrolls
and as many priests as I can take (you used to be able to go above your character alotment with these - can you still?).

knights
handgunners w/free company detachments
archers
huntsmen

two cannon
mortar
pistoliers

two units of ogres
or
ogres
hellblaster

Kislevite allied detachment:
Boyar
3 x Winged lancers (one is stubborn Griffon Legion)

I expect I've gone way over on points and will need to drop things. but at least its an army that moves around for the most part and can shoot at big stuff. And the Dragon can at least deal with those stupid things that make the game stop dead.
-John Bianchi

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer Fantasy