Re: Empire army list

Postby mattbird » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:30 am

:(
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:14 am

Matt's no Wormtongue. He's more of a Pippin. :b

Ranked infantry by itself is no good. Ranked infantry with support is damn fine. Ranked infantry with support and magic can be BRUTAL. Shooting has little to do with anything, except for the odd units like skull-chuckers or salamanders.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Bauhaus » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:15 pm

John,

Ignore all the posts about comp. Put together an army that you would want to try out and play those of us happy to play any army.

I'd just like to see you getting back into fantasy and fielding an army that (more or less) makes you happy to be playing again. (And if part of the challenge is fielding a big nasty, and I know you have the model, then do so without regard to people's feelings on "comp" and arguments against creating any kind of list.)

Of course I personally feel that my Bloodthirster needs more interesting choices to combat than a few dozen flagelants (sp?).
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby KevinC » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:17 pm

Quote:
Ignore all the posts about comp. Put together an army that you would want to try out and play those of us happy to play any army.

I'd just like to see you getting back into fantasy and fielding an army that (more or less) makes you happy to be playing a

-------------Well said, Dave took the words right out of my mouth!

John I look forward to your return to Warhammer Fantasy!

Kevin ou
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:20 pm

100% agreed! Let's see if that dragon of yours can eat two wyrms at once! Fantasy, baby! Bring it!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -John Bianchi » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:27 am

Quote:
It seems John is simply fed up with his infantry armies (for whatever reasons) and he wants to try doing something different (compared to the armies he is use to fielding). So taking a dragon is not about being cheesy for whatever it's about having fun with a very dangerous large monster!

And that's it in a nutshell.

I haven't played in three years, I'm bored with my 230-model empire infantry army and my 150 model DOW infantry army, and I'd like to field something that can deal with the armies *at our club*. A lot of them have big nasties.

Tournaments are much easier, and I always did much better at them with my magic-less, monster-less infantry hordes than at home. But for the forseable future, I'm only talking about playing at home.

It ain't about winning, and it ain't about tournaments. If I want to go to a tournament - I'll go to HMGS and play Warhammer historicals with Hungarians :)

Oh - and Larry - you missed my point about 700 points. I meant that any given 700 points of stuff is equally valid as any other - and in game terms, depending on how you use them, are really worth about the same.

In other words - a dragon and three blocks of infantry may cost about the same - and are equally devastating - or lame - depending upon who uses them and how.
-John Bianchi

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:07 am

The Emperor is coming out to play.

You can summarize these 40 odd posts with: John, we're glad you're back for a stint.
-Jarrett

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy