Building rules. Start reading.

Moderator: Anger Worm

Building rules. Start reading.

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:49 am

Get to learning building rules. Word from across the map is that lots are using them and they're not terrible. If yo uhead to a tourney and someone runs into a building on you, you'd better know how to deal.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Re: Building rules. Start reading.

Postby Ganymede » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:56 am

Those damn buildings bode nothing but bad news for my ogres.
Ganymede

Postby mauleed » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:14 am

Why? Unless I'm mistaken, ogres can go in them, and are exceptionally hard to get out of them.
mauleed

Postby AndyP » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:40 pm

I've not met anybody at a tourney yet that doesn't treat buildings as impassible. The rules suck. This is coming from somebody who fields lots of elite infantry too.

Andy P
Duncan: I don't think you really comprehend the enthusiasm many people have for all things Potter.
AndyP

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:06 am

Hmm... someone needs to find out from Matt York what he's going to rule about buildings.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Ganymede » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:31 am

Quote:
Why? Unless I'm mistaken, ogres can go in them, and are exceptionally hard to get out of them.

Yep, you're mistaken alright. Ogres are not the most effective units at holding a building. They are not especially difficult to wound, and once beaten, are not especially difficult to break.
Ganymede

Postby -Gorbad Ironclaw » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:33 am

I'll second Andy. Don't like the rules one bit, even if I'm sure my elves could benefit from them. So it's just impassible to me, or if my opponent insist on using them, I'll just ignore the house.

Did ran into one Wood Elf player at the WPS GT who used them though. But he had also conveniently brought a house to hide his archers and mages in.
-Gorbad Ironclaw

Postby mannahnin » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 pm

I havent had any problems with them so far. Not sure where people are getting terrible. They certainly add a new tactical element to the game, and theyre the only terrain feature which explicitly benefits infantry over cavalry and flyers. Thats certainly a good thing
mannahnin

Postby -gjnoronh » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:29 am

Benefits infantry. . .elite infantry even? That's a good thing in my opinion.

Gary
-gjnoronh

Postby subversive » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:33 am

I really don't get it. The building rules really aren't any worse than any of the other bizzare rules in the game. In some battles, there were buildings. Sometimes people fought in them. It just adds another element to the game
subversive

Return to Warhammer Fantasy