Steve: 3X3 detachments

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: Steve: 3X3 detachments

Postby mattbird » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:47 am

any single model or skirmishers could, including chariots, spawn, beastherds, screamers, giants, daemon princes, etc.

doesn't matter anyway. The preffered tactic is to declare a charge on both the parent unit and detachment on the same turn with 2 of your units, thereby eliminating the detachment advantage. Same as 6th ed.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby elrodogg » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:47 am

Oops. Sorry, I was in the Nidal school of thinking. If it sounds right in your head for even a second, claim it to be a rule. Then say how great a tactic it is and howeveryone should use it.:b
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:51 am

Ronen, don't fight it. You know it works. :p Why must you question it if it works? Just go with the flow, man.

Matt, I'd much rather see that chariot sink into my detachment than accompany your real unit as it hit my own real unit. But the whole idea of empire is that you have more crap than the other guy, so you should be giving him multiple bad options. There are very few armies you can fight straight-up.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mattbird » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:56 am

Nidal, I would rarely waste a charge on detachment anyway. There is no point. I was just countering your lame arguments. :p

Like I said last post, the prefered tactic is to declare multiple charges on both the parent unit and detachment in the same turn.

I continue to remain unimpressed by the new Empire book. Unless talking about the now lamely mandatory Arch Lector.
mattbird

Postby elrodogg » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:21 am

Matt - I disagree completely. The army book is very impressive, as long as you steer clear of ranked infantry.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby mattbird » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:33 am

I think you and I are in total agreement. :hat
mattbird

Postby -Jarrett » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:35 am

Matt, you are most assuredly wrong.

I think the new empire book does infantry fine, because now the cheap-o infantry is 5+ combat res for your super hitty monster fest. Same mandatory guns to whittle away. With the arch lector it's tempting to go bound-magic heavy because it's not very expensive. I also particularly like mobile hatred priests. Everything else stays the same.

Hellblaster? So what. They dont need it anymore. And worse doesn't = bad, it just got a ton more competition for the rare slots. This is a good thing.

Gimmicks work, but the challenge of wielding massed infantry is still available if people are willing to take it on the chin
-Jarrett

Postby mattbird » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:39 am

Jarret, I think 2-3 units of cheap infantry is fine- but only when fielded as support for the big hitty things. An army that relies upon human infantry is just lambs to the slaughter.
mattbird

Postby -Jarrett » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:02 am

So uh... the new Empire book is awesome then!

The point is they gave them what they needed to be "competitive".

You can even go infantry heavy and squeeze the goodies in - blocks are only about 160 points.
-Jarrett

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy