So what happens here:

Moderator: Anger Worm

So what happens here:

Postby elrodogg » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:58 pm

Sliding question. Yes i know, we all hate it, but this one is good.

Two units (say chosen khorne chaos knights and some marauder fast cav) are engaged against one unit of 20 slayers in a single line. It looks like this:

_CCCCC______MMMMM
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

15 Slayers die (say 11 to knights and 4 to marauders). Obviously they lose, but they stay. What happens? Do the knights and marauders slide over to the middle? Looking like this:

CCCCC MMMMM
___SSSSS

Is one unengaged and the other still engaged?

CCCCC_____MMMMM
___________SSSSSS

I would tend to lean towards the first choice, but i am not sure. Wasn't able to find a rule covering it (suprise). What do you all think? If it is the second option, would the khorne knights get an overrun (assuming they charged)? they killed everyone in b2b, but not the entire unit.

edit: the "_" is just for spacing, please ignore. ezboard doesn't like 20 space bar hits in a row.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Re: So what happens here:

Postby mauleed » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:01 pm

The slayer player pulls them from where ever he wants. What ever is still touching is locked in place. Whatever isn't is out of the combat.
mauleed

Postby elrodogg » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:03 pm

Cool beans. So it's possible as long as the two units are less than 100mm apart (the width of the 5 remaining slayers) to keep both in combat. So you could end up with a clip of one corner to corner.

Thanks!
elrodogg

Postby AndyP » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:07 pm

I thought combat casulaties came equally off either end of the line (like shooting casulaties) when down to the last rank.

Personally, I would slide the knights and the marauders together as in option 1. I have no rules to back me up on this though.

Andy P
Duncan: I don't think you really comprehend the enthusiasm many people have for all things Potter.
AndyP

Postby Bauhaus » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:12 pm

Unless all the slayers are killed both units should remain in equal contact with the remaining slayers and the slayers should slide over. I think you could also try taking 11 from the Cavalry side and 4 from the other and see where you end up.

After you've added your ____ I don't think you should have a space between the MMMCCC. You've got to line the up around the middle of the combat on the charge. (Even if they overran into combat.)
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby mauleed » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:02 am

What rule would force you to remain equally in contact with the two units?
mauleed

Postby elrodogg » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:06 am

Dave-

Quote:
You've got to line the up around the middle of the combat on the charge.

Why? They are bringing the max number of models in. That's the whole point of the whole tactical wheeling bit. As long as you are bringing in the max number of models, you can hit any part of the unit you want.
elrodogg

Postby Ganymede » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:21 am

Page 36 - "Close combat casualties are removed in the same way as shooting casualties."

Page 31 - "If the unit is deployed in a single rank, then casualties are removed equally from both ends."

Page 46 - "...removing casualties could force some enemy units to lose contact with the unit. In these rare cases, move these units forward to keep contact with the models they are killing."

It looks like option one is the ideal solution based on the above quotes.
Ganymede

Postby -poxous » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:29 am

Good quotes! You beat me to it.
-poxous

Postby mauleed » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:31 am

Thanks. Obviously you do pull equally from the sides.

But that still wouldn't let you slide.
mauleed

Next

Return to Warhammer Fantasy