So what happens here:

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: So what happens here:

Postby mauleed » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:06 am

One more thing:

Todd, I could be off base, but a consistent argument of yours seems to be that since some aspects of the rules are universally agreed to be lacking and accomodation must be made, that all areas of the rules are open accomodation and alteration.

That, I think, is in a nutshell where we differ. My stance is 'accomodation when we must' (with 'must' being as objective as possible), and yours is 'accomodation when we should' (with 'should' being highly subjective).
mauleed

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:34 am

I'm all about the should. Clarification or no clarification, you SHOULD not charge the WLC with orc infantry from 48 inches away.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:41 am

But if I do, will you flee? :rolleyes That's the more important question.

(as noted, this issue is dead anyway because they changed the rule)
mauleed

Postby -poxous » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:19 am

You are right Ed I am a should guy.
-poxous

Postby mauleed » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:28 am

And I don't mind that you're a 'should' guy. Or at least I attach no moral judgement to it.

I'd just appreciate it if you'd extend me the same courtesy.

Despite what GW says, I'm not a bad guy because I won't slide and prefer to clip.
mauleed

Postby -poxous » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:56 am

:hat yea u are lol
-poxous

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:29 am

If I had the WLC, and you delared the orc charge. I'd tell you you're going to fail, so you can't do it. If you insist, and say that I have to flee, I'll give you a silent "don't be a douchebag" stare until you relent. If you refuse to relent, and absolutely vehemently insist that you're allowed to do it, I'll smile, continue on in the game, letting you do WHATEVER you want, and telling you in the most sarcastic tone imaginable how amazing your tactics are every time you move a model or decide on a target, and tell you how amazing your painting is, and what a great sport you are. At the end, I'd give you a nice string of 0's. I'm just don't enjoy playing players who behave like that, so I'll make my own fun.

It's my new thing when it comes to playing guys who want to play using nonsese.

And yes... I know... your definition of nonsense is my definition of rational. So I'm not trying to convince you.

Bottom line: Sure, I'd let you charge the WLC. :)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby Flavius Infernus » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:55 am

Quote:
since some aspects of the rules are universally agreed to be lacking and accomodation must be made, that all areas of the rules are open accomodation and alteration.

Except in WHFB, the rules say that you must do this. The "Most Important Rule" (page 3) says that all rules are open to accomodation and alteration when they don't feel right.

This isn't 40K. Fantasy players are supposed to live in the world of relativistic rules.

It's not just any rule, it's the "Most Important." :rollin
Flavius Infernus

Postby -poxous » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:20 am

LOL....

that line is one that the RAWhammer crowd doesn't read as writen. They skip all parts of rules like that. Just like the 1st appendix on clipping. Those guys will say that Ap#1 is not right, even though it is writen and added to the rules, and the proof that it can not be used as RAW is words in it that say by the letter of the rules this is not right. Ed stops there. They use RAW on one line to delete the whole appendix. If you read on you see that in the spirit of the game 2 players should try to solve wierd stuff and if you have to fudge it do you so if you canhave a gentlemens agreement to do so... RAWhammer guys do not want to do that. Something seems fundamentaly wrong to me with a guy who thinks this way. Why not solve something in a friendly way. Are they against being friendly? Are they being subborn? Dunno.
-poxous

Postby Flavius Infernus » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:20 am

I'm a RAWhammer guy in 40K. That ruleset doesn't have a "Most Important" rule, so they're all equally important.

But because I am a RAW guy, I can't ignore the rule in WHFB that tells me to ignore rules.
Flavius Infernus

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer Fantasy