So here is what I was thinking of taking to the colonial

Moderator: Anger Worm

So here is what I was thinking of taking to the colonial

Postby -mayorofgametown » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:07 am

Savage orc warboss, wyvern,(magic wepon) +1strenth first round of hth reroll failed to hit rolls, 5+ ward

savage orc bsb, chariot, +1st,+1ws,+1in(magic wepon)

savage orc big boss, chariot, porka pigsticka

Goblin shaman, wolf, dispell scroll x 2

7x5 spider riders, mus

3x6 savage orc boar boys, mus

1x8 squig hoppers

giant

2 pump wagons

What does every one think? Over the top? fair? never going to work?

Any feedback is helpful,
thanks Mike Ludwig
-mayorofgametown

Re: So here is what I was thinking of taking to the colonial

Postby KevinC » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:31 am

Hey,

Cool, list to me, but one big problem - Squig Hoppers. The problem for me here is that you seem to have a themed army (Savage Orcs), which is cool, but then you just toss the whole theme out the window by including a unit of Night Goblins. I don't like that at all. If your going to do a theme, then do one. If your not doing a theme, try to avoid a heavy themed looking army.

Anyway, I would drop the squigs and either add another chariot (an Orc chariot converted to Savage Orc or a Goblin chariot converted into a spider chariot) and/or another unit of Spiders or something.

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby -mayorofgametown » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:37 am

Thanks Kevin, but It is really just a all mounted list(except the giant, but he is going to be a conversion.
-mayorofgametown

Postby -Jarrett » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:53 am

They're not taking on much in the front. The wyvern is all right, but you're sending your leadership away from a lot of what needs it. Either that or he's sticking in the middle which isn't what a large flyer is good for. Leadership 7 isn't very solid even with a reroll, especially with no static combat res. Combined frontal charges can handle some stuff, but in general you're looking for flanks.

Poor magic defense for a frail list like this is a liability.

Panic could be a problem for the spiders baiting and fleeing with your general zipping around, and you'll need them to keep all the savages in line (by blocking LOS and charge lanes). Frenzy will open your army up to a smart player, and ability to control it is limited once dice start rolling.

They're also relatively weak against shooting with 4 juicy war machine targets and the rest eating man-sized shooting.

It's an interesting army, it's just not going to work point and click - these aren't bloodcrushers you're wielding
-Jarrett

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:36 am

I dig it. Personally, if I were doing all-mounted as my theme, I'd drop some spiders for some wolves for variety (and to have something that charges/marches 18 where need be).

A lot of the army is immune to psych, which can really hurt you, and can really help you. I'm betting you'll be finding your chariots and wyvern charging/pursuing into the woods a hell of a lot more than you'd like.

I don't think magic will be a huge issue, as you'll be able to get to enemy mages quickly.

It looks fun and different. Go for it!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Jarrett » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:02 am

Really depends on what army the mages are a part of, I can see some casters romping against just a gobbo caddy.

I agree about the wolf riders though, no need for all spider riders. (I'm guessing you have a bunch from skull pass, that's why you've got so many)
-Jarrett

Postby elrodogg » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:05 am

Kevin is spot on. Keep the feral theme going. Savage orcs and forest goblins all the way. Feral roving mounted warband is a cooler theme than nobody walks. :p

edit: it especially works if you make sure the snotlings have feathers on them.

Also, I would consider a warbanner on the bsb instead of the uber undercosted megasword.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby mattbird » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:15 am

Roni / Kevin- this ain't a themed list, apart from the 'I mash you now!' theme. It's certainly a rock / scissor / paper powergamer list, and I'm sure it can do fine until it runs into a few bad matchups
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby -mayorofgametown » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:19 am

I have the wolf riders to use, the savage theme dosen't really work though because my pump wagons are converted steam tanks. the wolves i will consider though. As far as magic defence goes. We will have the cards, which will help a bunch.
-mayorofgametown

Postby elrodogg » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:22 am

Matt - He asked for advice. My advice was (and still is) go with a feral theme. :b
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Next

Return to Warhammer Fantasy