OK, read the FAQ, here is my Rant!

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: OK, read the FAQ, here is my Rant!

Postby -Jarrett » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:33 pm

... and that clipping is not in the spirit of the game and every effort should be made to avoid it, the paramount method being sliding. ;)
-Jarrett

Postby mauleed » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:55 pm

So you have two choices, both mutually exclusive.

You can slide, and be playing in the spirit of the game. Then you're a cheater.

OR

You can clip and follow the rules. Then you're a dick.

So dick or cheater?

I'm torn.
mauleed

Postby -Jarrett » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:57 pm

Yeah, those things have never been mutually exclusive for you before! :p
-Jarrett

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:11 am

Well, that's easy. Sign me up for the cheater camp. Everyone complains that elite infantry isn't good enough... and now people are arguing that corner-to-corner fighting is desirable? It's tough to beat an outnumber bonus with a single attack. It's even worse now that there is no lapping.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:24 am

Well since you're cheating anyway Nidal, why not just lap too?
mauleed

Postby mauleed » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:32 am

Kevin, let's print this part on the back of our 'No Sliding' shirts:

"If it's any consolation to those non-sliders out there, we generally don't slide here....

GAV"

I've officially decided, I'm not sliding. Gav told me not to.
mauleed

Postby -poxous » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:03 am

Why not just say:

"I clip"

I have been beating this to death with Ed on another board. My question to the warmongers is: what changed here from 6th to 7th that warrents all this fuss??? I realize GW did a half hearted job at telling us point blank DO NOT CLIP and here is how to fix wierd things that come up. The rulebook does say they would address the issue online and then they cut and pasted the 6th ed appendix.
-poxous

Postby KevinC » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:04 am

The thing with 'I clip' is that when you say 'clip' people think of a nasty player trying to exclude models out of a fair fight. Like I said, REAL clipping was fixed by making the charger maximize models from both sides.

Sliding is a little different in my book, because sliding is like saying "it does not matter what angel I'm at or where I am on the board, if my unit touches your unit we all get to auto attack". That is what I don't like. So I prefer to call it "No Sliding" rather than clipping because the mere word clip just leaves a bad taste in Warhammer players mouths.

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby -Jarrett » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:15 pm

I think as long as you declare no clipping before the game you're not going to come off as a cheesedick. Nobody's strategy revolves around clipping charges.
-Jarrett

Postby mauleed » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:23 pm

I don't care about no clipping on the charge. It's very rare (except when playing vampire counts). I care about no sliding in on-going combats. That happens all the time (any time two units are fighting one and one breaks or dies). All sorts of annoying and unplanned crap starts happening when you do that.

And I'd have happily clipped in 6th edition if I didn't start playing after it had been out for years and people had developed their own 'un-rules' for how things were going to work. But I'm in on the ground floor of 7th, and I'm just going to follow the rules as much as possible.

Since the rules are not ambiguous on this point (they're so unambiguous GW admits they're contrary to intent) I'm playing them as written. My position is cemented in place by the admission from Gav that the studio doesn't slide.

And yes, even if I'm fielding chosen khorne warriors with extra hand weapons I'm not sliding.

On a practical level Todd, what this means is that I'm probably not going to be paying attention to sliding on the charge (but you won't catch me doing it), but I'm adamantly not allowing sliding in on-going combats. And that's why I'm going to call myself a 'no slider' as opposed to a clipper.
mauleed

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer Fantasy