arch lector stats

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: arch lector stats

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:53 am

Quote:
But it like this, if he's doing the nuke spell, he's within 12" of you. That's a good thing for khorne daemons.
Not really. You can get pretty close going through the woods while hidden. If you can get 3 nuke spells off in a game, you've devestated a good chunk of the khorne army.

Terrain is really key in a matchup against an army like khorne. For the most part, I've played 7th ed games using the new terrain rules... and they've been fine. I'm just wondering how things change when you go to a tourney and they may/may not use the new terrain rules.

In talking with the Mike (who ran the marauder) a question regarding terrain for next season came up. I suggested using the new rules (why not... with the exception of the LOS thing) and he said that it was a bad idea since that would invlove requiring extra terrain (in case players keep placing pieces) and require people throwing terrain under the table, where it would be kicked around (if they didn't want extra terrain). Combine that with the fact that he's asking people to lend tables/terrain, and it creates a messy situation. After hearing that, I tend to think that 75%+ of large tournies will have old-style terrain placement.

(alright... that was a bit of a tangent)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby elrodogg » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:38 am

Re: terrain:

Quote:
why not... with the exception of the LOS thing

Well, that's only if you think every game should be played with an open center and lots of terrain around it.
I certainly don't want to make every game have essentially the same terrain (open center with crap around it). why not fight over a key feature in the middle of the board? is that so bad?

I for one will not play another one using the straight terrain rules.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby -Jarrett » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:17 pm

While I have no particular problems with the new terrain rules (granting my limited 7th ed experience), it's rare that tournament scenarios follow strict pitched battle guidelines to begin with. I see no reason why they should adhere strictly to the terrain rules either. The most important thing is some semblance of balance at every table
-Jarrett

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:02 pm

Actually, I think that one of the weakest things about the new rules is their lack of 40K style standard scenarios. It would be hard to come up with numerous good, balanced scenarios for fantasy as opposed to 40K, IMO, but they could have at least tried! :
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -LLagroue » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:50 am

Ed Wrote: "Lance: I've actually found that Brets (vs. Orcs) are now a fair game, as opposed to the cornholing I'd generally suffer with the previous rules.
I always take 4-5 units of fast cav, and now the you can't redirect it makes it relatively easy to force brets to either sit still and get shot/magicked the first four turns, or to give up a bunch of flanks."

Good point- This is very true and something I did not fully consider.
-LLagroue

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy