arch lector stats

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: arch lector stats

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:37 am

You're always one step ahead of me. That's why I keep ducking you. :p
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:27 pm

Lance: I've actually found that Brets (vs. Orcs) are now a fair game, as opposed to the cornholing I'd generally suffer with the previous rules.

I always take 4-5 units of fast cav, and now the you can't redirect it makes it relatively easy to force brets to either sit still and get shot/magicked the first four turns, or to give up a bunch of flanks.

It doesn't work quite as well against other cav, as they have a wider frontage and can declare EITW a bit easier, but it still works. I haven't had much trouble with cav ever since I figured out how to use my fast cav in V7.
mauleed

Postby Bauhaus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:30 am

Seems to me that Steam Tanks and Dragons are in the offing for the Empire.

A decline in the old army ways of sixth to be replaced by seventh.

I'm not real crazy about the re-vamped Light Magic... a potential big hurt on demons and undead.

The new overrun rules are a big help to those who use big things (Steam Tanks fighting two battles per turn.)

The number of rank and file is going to go down.

Comp will be readjusted to the new realities.

For me, reading this thread, I have to put Empire in seventh as a pretty good option. Just that lists will be changing alot (and that sells models.)
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby mauleed » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:32 am

Dave, there is no comp anymore (in GW GTs).
mauleed

Postby Bauhaus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:25 am

(I know. Part of the adjustment to which I refer! That's why Bauhaus is making a triumphal return in 2007. He wants to try out 7th Ed. Note: No one should take Light Magic. It's really unfair to demon legions.)
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:28 am

I always take light magic. ;) But worry not. It won't do much of anything to khorne daemons. (for example, the light "nuke" spell will add MR dice against itself for every daemon unit within 12 inches, making it either extremely difficult to cast, or close to useless as far as how many units are affected)

It's the buffs on opposing units which will hurt khorne daemons.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby elrodogg » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:25 am

Hahaha... suckah! that's what you take for bringing an army with a universal 5+ ward save.

Not saying it doesn't hurt undead armies (which is the army I am building) harshly. But it like this, if he's doing the nuke spell, he's within 12" of you. That's a good thing for khorne daemons.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:27 am

MR is just the highest one in range.

You don't add dice for every MR unit in range.
WickerNipple

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:30 am

HTML Comments are not allowed

Edit: That's exactly what Dave will say when I nuke him. :hat
VectorAWX3

Postby elrodogg » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:45 am

Dude - NOT COOL! You and your wacky HTML comments! :b :lol

edit: Regardless, the new light lore is a boon to empire. It's also limited to high elves, lizards with a slaan and empire, so it's not as if it'll become the most constant thing in the game.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer Fantasy