How do people feel about a Gobbo Lord leading Night Goblins?

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: How do people feel about a Gobbo Lord leading Night Goblins?

Postby mauleed » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:57 am

I don't think anything with a non special character gobbo general is going to do particularly well.
mauleed

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:13 am

Well I shall endeavour to prove otherwise. Maybe
-Jarrett

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:18 am

Giant is fine. It's not a common goblin. It's an artifact of the O&G list and available to anyone, IMO. Look, if you want a solid army, get a black-orc warboss to lead them. If you want a themed list, suffer for your art. My list went 0-1-2 at the tourney, but I was in every game with a good chance to win and had a great time. Like I always ask: are you going to win the GT with this list? No? Then who cares how many games you win as long as you have fun? I think you can do very well. Proxy it and try it out. It'll certainly play MUCH differently than your lizards do.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:04 am

Well, if I'm going to put the time to line highlight 200+ models (which I may not do, for I am a sporadic soul) I'd like a winning list. Do I have to win every game? Obviously not -- I think you know by now I tend towards the other direction during list construction.
And I do think night gobbos have the right stuff, so I'm eager to give it a run. I just feel the options they gave NGs are too limited for a pure list, and there are some logical conversions to expand their choices.

In the end, I think I'll head in the direction I was heading. Night Goblin warboss with converted versions of things I think the list needs but doesn't get.

When I'm in the mood to close my eyes and win a game I'll break out the bretonnians
-Jarrett

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:55 am

Jarrett is describing something very similar to Brookie's list. He had something like:

5 big blocks of NG
10 fanatics
7 units of spider riders
2 bolt throwers
1 herd of squig hoppers
gobbo lord general
hero on giant cave squig
Emperors Reckoning

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:22 am

Actually I had something pretty different in mind. Maybe I'll post it in the chamber.
-Jarrett

Postby KevinC » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:51 am

Hi Jarrett,

If your doing a Night Goblin themed list, you should be taking a Night Goblin Warlord. Using a Common Goblin Warlord in a Night Goblin army just screams 'I'm trying to get the best of both worlds' and 'I getting my cake and eating it too'. On top of that it breaks the theme.

Also using a Night Goblin warlord miniature to represent a Common Goblin Warlord is very ungentlemen. Imagine if a player had a Savage Orc Warlord (model) leading a big unit of Savage Orcs, but then told you 'I'm counting him as a Black Orc'. I don't like that.

I normally don't ding people too much, but I would ding someone for that, maybe even ding x2.

My advice, don't be shy and take Skarsnik! If a tournament organizer like Andy does not allow him, tell him that you will not use the sneaky schemes special rule.

On the other hand, I think converting Forest Goblin Spider Riders into Night Goblin Spider Riders is a very neat idea and makes a lot of sense because I can see Giant Spiders living in caves and Night Goblins do hunt creatures in their lairs.

Lastly, don't forget Squig Herds are game winners.

I'd be interested in seeing your army list, btw.

Kevin ou
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:01 am

Well Kevin, I agree mostly with the common gobbo bit. It's a theme breaker.

I wouldn't do skarsnik though. By your analogy he should be called Skarsnik, cakeeater, because he's an even bigger way of circumventing the night gobbo negatives.

I'll post the list in the chamber in a little bit, just making a tweak to the lizards
-Jarrett

Postby KevinC » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:00 am

Quote:
I wouldn't do skarsnik though. By your analogy he should be called Skarsnik, cakeeater, because he's an even bigger way of circumventing the night gobbo negatives.

-------------Jarrett, I'm not saying that Night Goblins should not have LD8, just you should do being getting it by using a Common Goblin in an all Night Goblin list. Skarsnik is a way to get around the problem. Call him what you'd like but he IS A NIGHT GOBLIN!

Kevin ou
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby -Jarrett » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:32 am

True that. So neither
-Jarrett

Previous

Return to Warhammer Fantasy