8th Edition is a MUST!

2999 GT -- July 24th and 25th

Moderator: VectorAWX3

Re: 8th Edition is a MUST!

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Nidal's response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s

:mrgreen:

For a proper response, read what Arash wrote.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby elrodogg » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:53 pm

For Arash: :cry:

Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:55 pm

Guess we'll have to throw an impromptu 2999 8th ed event at the Strat that weekend.

Round 1, Kev? :lol:
WickerNipple

Postby njpc » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:58 pm

I'm with Arash on this one. If you lean on utilizing 8th edition, you put a large strain on the TO to verify all lists, and if the perchantage is correct, Nidal will be spending a lot of time with some friends and a few calculators checking everything. This does not just effect the TO, it effects the players.

While i'm certain there will be a large people already game planning, and preparing their armies, i'm certain there is a large perchantage that is not. Your talking about a lot of people local, who will probably head to the event, knowing little about 8th edition. That's a high probability of putting a room full of GT calibre gamers arguing about rules for everything and how they work. So people have 10 days to learn 8th, better increase the time for rounds to 3 hrs+ because your going to need it, for all the time flipping through rule books.

Keeping it 7th, while i'll admit is a little more boring, allows for a smoother run event, with significantly less headache. Speaking from my own experience. If its 8th, I cannot attend. I'll be in Mexico for 2 weeks before the event, returning literally 2 days before. Somehow, I don't think i'll be spending my time in Mexico reading up on 8th edition, instead of booze and fun.
njpc

Postby Garrett » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:22 pm

VectorAWX3 wrote:Nidal's response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s

:mrgreen:

There were nowhere near enough explosions in that youtube video for it to be directed by Michael Bay.
Garrett

Postby Larro » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Considering no one has ANY IDEA at all how percentages are going to actually work (yet), it may be impossible for many of the people who want to go to Big Show, and who actually PAY for the Big Show, to have 2999 worth of troops for any army painted up cohesively. Not everyone is Kevin Coleman and has 6000 points of 5th Edition color scheme Goblins ready to roll out the door. This is before you even get to the issue of list submissions, familiarity with the rules, and Comp guidelines.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby KevinC » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:01 pm

don't think a lot of the people who are pushing for 8th edition have pointed out what a army with percentages would look like. At 2999 you have 749 (ish) points of characters and special. 750 is what my HE army does at 2250 (actually a bit more, like 770), special I am already over. That means that I would have to fit in like 3-4 units of spearmen into the army (or something).

------------------That's what you get for taking cheesy, non-core armies! lol

Seriously, I understand the reasons why not to use 8th in such short notice.

However, why so serious? Never mind about comp and who's not going to be ready or that the tournament might run smoother under 7. Like Andy said, promote this thing as the first 8th edition GT! Will you be the first player to win an 8th edition GT? It's always extremely exciting for Warhammer players when a new edition comes out and people are going to want to play 8th! So what if the tournament seems a little 'rough' because 8th will be so new. The Big Show is suppose to be all about fun, keep it that way, bring your 2,999 point army and show everyone how 8th should be played!

Not everyone is Kevin Coleman and has 6000 points of 5th Edition color scheme Goblins ready to roll out the door.

----------------Can't argue with that one, lol!

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:05 pm

If only a dozen people can field legal armies it is not going to be much of a GT.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby KevinC » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:09 pm

if only a dozen people can field legal armies it is not going to be much of a GT.

----------What you think most people dont have 750 points in Core? I doubt that the new rules will cause most GT players to not be able to create armies. Give me a break.
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby elrodogg » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:15 pm

750pts of core is not hard to accomplish.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

PreviousNext

Return to THE BIG SHOW