Ashlynn Warmachine Army Blog -Anastasia revised 12/20

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: Ashlynn Warmachine Army Blog ..Updates

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Loving it! For the hair, you can always keep yours as a base, and work up to more yellow-mixed-with-white to give an uber-light blond, which might look really cool. The purple looks great.

As far as armor, keep in mind that armor doesn't have to be silver. It can be gold. It can be green or blue or whatever... pick a color which you think will look good and go with it. (you can always use photoshop or MS paint or whatever to see how that color would look on the mini before you break out the actual paint)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby slann » Sun May 02, 2010 10:42 pm

Your hair looks good , for blond what I do is go with a pale yellow basecoat than wash it with the gold GW wash than highlight that with the yellow iam using for the final color .

As for the armor if your going for NMM just keep in mind where your light source is comming from ( usually up from th sun ) and its better to go darker for the base than too close too the final highlight . What your doing now though looks good , its more practice than anything to get NMM right .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby Amazonwarlord » Mon May 03, 2010 4:18 pm

Thanks Guys !

I was actually going for gray for the armor. I'm not up to trying NMM yet but I also wanted to stay away from a lot of metallic paints. I'll likely use em sparingly like for weapons.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Don't worry about "NMM". It's a scary term you can ignore. Just paint it as you want, using highlighting which goes up, up, up to lighter and lighter layers, culminating in a white dot at the highest of peaks. Give it a try on a test mini before throwing it onto your main chick.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby WickerNipple » Mon May 03, 2010 4:35 pm

On the contrary, don't be scared of NMM. It's more or less just using different paints - you were gonna highlight your metallics anyway.
WickerNipple

Postby Amazonwarlord » Mon May 03, 2010 4:59 pm

I was going to wash the gray with the army painter strong tone first then try adding highlights.
I can definitely try this out on another model first.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:17 pm

Ok, so I painted on the army painter strong tone and here's what I got: Next step to highlight and finish hands and weapons. I'd not normally do it in this order but I was eager to see what the dipping would do.

Amazonwarlord

Re: Ashlynn Warmachine Army Blog - Updated again 7/18

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:05 am

Well, I had lots of problems. I did not like the way the dip came out at all. I did highlight over it and hated the result. I attempted to smooth it all out but actually could not get the highlight and shading on the cloak (back leather part) the way I wanted it. I am done with her for now except for sealing and basing her.

As I learn more and get better at painting I may throw her in some simple green and redo her.
This is to date my best paint/conversion piece. I certainly poured the most effort (and love)into it.

I would appreciate any constructive criticism. You guys have been great thus far. Thanks :D

Amazonwarlord

Postby elrodogg » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:13 am

She looks too good, so don't strip her. Robes and armor are both pimp. Hair and weapons are good too. Eyes are done great as well.

Worry about painting your next army better, this one is just fine.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:58 am

thanks! I guess I just felt the paint started getting heavy ..

I do have to fix one of her eys ... it got hair in it... LOL
Amazonwarlord

PreviousNext

Return to Modeling and Painting