Storm Raven Blog...

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: Storm Raven Blog...

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Pretty cool, but too bulky for the wing size & when side-by-side with the LR.
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby ZiggyQubert » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:55 am

The Gunslinger wrote:Pretty cool, but too bulky for the wing size & when side-by-side with the LR.

Well, it's baised on the thunderhawk, and the wing size is the same orportion as that (pluss mine is shorter). Pluss it actualy looks right in person
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:15 am

Lou, you've got it all wrong. Those wings aren't used for lift, like on normal (or even guard) aircraft. Lift on marine vehicles is generated by anti-grav technology (like on land speeders). The wings are simple there for stability and for mounting weapons platforms. Get with the 41st century! :P
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby slann » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Duh !
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby ZiggyQubert » Tue May 11, 2010 2:46 pm

So, long time no update, as some of you have sean I've started the process of casting this sucker

to make a long story short I got most of the moulds made and then ran out of material, sigh, I ordered some more ad finaly last thursday it arived, so I now have all the molds made and have in fact cast up one entire storm raven!!! (finaly)

the main mould and two casts...
11 Casting 1.jpg

the main body and pieces (this is where I ran out of mold material)
12 Main Body.jpg

The problem I ran into when casting the main body (too flat, so the air won't escape....)
13 Cast Problem.jpg

The main wing ready to have sides added and the mould created (note the new engine)
14 Wing with sprew.jpg

Triumph!!!! the first complete Storm Raven!!!!
15 first complete.jpg

I may wind up re-doing the mold for the main wing, as the front cowling of the engine dident work out so well, however I may not wory about it either, as it's easily fixed with green stuf or more plasticard.

As you can see I've also added some guns, basicly I bought the Ball pred upgrade sprew and made the weapons work.

the next step is to get it to fit on a base, and add iconogrophy / detailing, I have a set of the BA rino doors, which fit in the door slots as well as other icons that will go in various places.

I should have it in to the club this thurdsday for all you people to oogle :)
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue May 11, 2010 3:02 pm

This is going to make you a millionaire!

Or not, but at least it will look cool :D
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Awesome! Looks totally pimp! How is the turret attached to the top? If not attached yet, I recommend magnetizing it. That way, you can spin it around for effect without difficulty. Using rhino bits/doors is going to tie it in even more to the current line of marine vehicles, making the whole thing even cooler. Excellent work!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby ampao » Tue May 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Nice! Are you showing it at the club this thu?
ampao

Postby ZiggyQubert » Tue May 11, 2010 4:32 pm

ZiggyQubert wrote:I should have it in to the club this thurdsday for all you people to oogle
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue May 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Brookie, are you at all worried that the wings would be too brittle, as they're made out of resin? Wouldn't a good knock into something that top-heavy on a flying base send it crashing to disaster? Do you think they resin can withstand a few licks? Have you reinforced the wings with any type of internal support (metal/plastic rods, etc.)
VectorAWX3

PreviousNext

Return to Modeling and Painting