Storm Raven Blog...

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: Storm Raven Blog...

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue May 11, 2010 3:02 pm

This is going to make you a millionaire!

Or not, but at least it will look cool :D
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Awesome! Looks totally pimp! How is the turret attached to the top? If not attached yet, I recommend magnetizing it. That way, you can spin it around for effect without difficulty. Using rhino bits/doors is going to tie it in even more to the current line of marine vehicles, making the whole thing even cooler. Excellent work!
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby ampao » Tue May 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Nice! Are you showing it at the club this thu?
ampao

Postby ZiggyQubert » Tue May 11, 2010 4:32 pm

ZiggyQubert wrote:I should have it in to the club this thurdsday for all you people to oogle
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue May 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Brookie, are you at all worried that the wings would be too brittle, as they're made out of resin? Wouldn't a good knock into something that top-heavy on a flying base send it crashing to disaster? Do you think they resin can withstand a few licks? Have you reinforced the wings with any type of internal support (metal/plastic rods, etc.)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby ZiggyQubert » Tue May 11, 2010 5:05 pm

VectorAWX3 wrote:Brookie, are you at all worried that the wings would be too brittle, as they're made out of resin? Wouldn't a good knock into something that top-heavy on a flying base send it crashing to disaster? Do you think they resin can withstand a few licks? Have you reinforced the wings with any type of internal support (metal/plastic rods, etc.)

The resin should stand up to a descent ammount of knocking around, I've pinned the wings to the main body, and considering the resin is almost half an inch thick on the wings, it should be ok.

I'm basing some of my 'it will be ok ness' on the fact that most forgeworld stuff is ok, and it's made of resin and it's prity big, I'm using a very simmilar resin that thye use, and I havent had any issues with it in the past. If I get realy woried I can always ann internal supports to the wings, don't think it will be a problem though.
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby elrodogg » Tue May 11, 2010 6:27 pm

Fantastic job Brookie. Can't wait to check it out in person.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby deFl0 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:56 pm

It looks awesome! But man is it heavy!!!

I kinda want one just to paint.
deFl0

Postby Daggermouth » Sun May 16, 2010 10:03 am

Man Brookie that thing is awesome. I'd mount the twin linked ass-cannon on the nose of the ship though, you lose alot of range by having it that far back on the body.
Ian
Daggermouth

Postby ZiggyQubert » Sun May 16, 2010 11:56 am

ya, thats true, hoowever the weapons look better this way, and I'm less concerned about the range, Pluss you can always turn sideways for better rage.

Also the weapon mounts are not built into the mold, so they can be switched around if need be.
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Modeling and Painting