8ed Feedback / Updates

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

8ed Feedback / Updates

Postby elrodogg » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:06 am

So here are a couple of first thoughts / things which will need to be updated and general comments on units and their functioning in 8th:

1- the bound burning gaze and the bound unseen lurker items, both of which do not exist anymore. burning gaze should just be changed to a bound cast of the base metal or fire spells. unless i am mistaken, i didn't see any movement spells in the brb.

2- blunderbuss - i was worried about these at first, but after using them i've realized they are fine. if they shoot then they are in charge range from anything in the game.

3- Warmachine survivability - since earthshakers, death rockets and eruption guns use the monster rules, they are the only ones to get attacked and shot at. meaning, that T5 and 3 wounds doesn't go that far. i am not sure what the solution is, but it's something to note.

4- high priest - needs to get an initiative bump or it's a wasted choice - there are too many initiative based attacks that don't allow a save. ini 1 doesn't cut it in the days of roll initiative or die with no saves of any type allowed.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Re: 8ed Feedback / Updates

Postby Larro » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:54 pm

I agree. I never liked the whole "animate war machine" thing anyways. I think these should just move to regular War Machine rules, i.e. T7 3 wounds.

As for the Initiative, I agree. Why not just put them in line with the Dwarf Heroes and Lords?

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby mattbird » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:31 am

re: initiative, it's because the High Priests are turning to stone. If a certain spell will l]kill them because of this, so be it. I am sure there are a million other balance issues that 8th will have.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:42 am

Do you get a ward save against purple sun?

Or is it just, "Your dead, go grab another beer!"
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:48 am

Well, spelled right it would be "You're dead, go grab another beer!" But otherwise, yes, it's that - no saves, thanks for playing.
WickerNipple

Postby elrodogg » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:53 am

Andrew - it's 100%
"Your dead, go grab another beer!"

Matt - While I love fluff and fully agree that it should be written into the rules and I also agree that 8th ed will have a million and one balance issues, why not eliminate one?
elrodogg

Postby mattbird » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:08 am

because a wizard who is turning to stone should have an initiative of 1! If a Purple Sun eats him, hey! that's the awesome epic-ness of 8th edition in action! Now go suck on a unit of 200 stubborn slaves.

When they change the Slann's initiative to something besides a 1, then maybe you guys will have a point. Otherwise, have fun sucking into giant purple vortexes.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby allanmcnab » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Wow, it's all so clear now, Mat Birdoff has secretly been working for GW for all these years. He's the one responsible for all those stupid GW rulings where the answers are insulting both to the players, and a coherent ruleset. What a Dick :lol:
"I like Weakland because he cries when I fuck him" Pete, at the conflict.
allanmcnab

Postby elrodogg » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:45 am

Additional things that need an update:

Unit types - everyhting is pretty self-explanatory with the exception of bullcentaurs, who whould be cavalry. Centigors from the Beastmen list are listed as a cavalry unit, so bullcentaurs should be the same.
elrodogg

Return to General discussion