And the FAQs are up

Moderator: Anger Worm

Re: And the FAQs are up

Postby WickerNipple » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:33 pm

DiceDogsPete wrote:Hey am I reading these wrong, or can Chaos Lords no longer ride dragons?

It just says ignore the note on page whatever. I don't have the Chaos book in front of me but I assume that's the same "counts as a Hero slot" that they took out of every other book.

Now I'm pretty sure no Chaos Lord would *want* to ride a dragon, but that's a different issue.
WickerNipple

Postby DiceDogsPete » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:37 pm

Ah, I see, thanks.
DiceDogsPete

Postby ZiggyQubert » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:15 pm

WickerNipple wrote:
DiceDogsPete wrote:Hey am I reading these wrong, or can Chaos Lords no longer ride dragons?

It just says ignore the note on page whatever. I don't have the Chaos book in front of me but I assume that's the same "counts as a Hero slot" that they took out of every other book.

Now I'm pretty sure no Chaos Lord would *want* to ride a dragon, but that's a different issue.

Nor can he ride a dragon , untill some stoopidly heigh point value (it's about 600 pts for the lord and the dragon, and then you might want to give him a magic item...)
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby Larro » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:24 pm

mattbird wrote:I am really curious how the GT organizers will sort out tourneys...

we were talking last night, floating the idea of looser formats, team tourneys, bringing your own terrain, playing with the WHOLE book, including dwarf zeppelins, etc.

Just having the emphasis be much less on individual overall victory.

One event like that, fine. All of them? I don't know if you'd continually get the support you think you'd get. You can convince the people who "don't care about winning" to come play at *any* event, competitive or not, because in theory, these people have fun just by being there for the weekend. That said, I don't think it's a two way street; I'm not sure you can convince people who do care about winning to come to an event where winning = zero importance.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby Arash » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Wait,

who was it that had that really snarky answer about how the FAQs were OBVIOUSLY coming out on the tenth?

Where is he now? I need a good laugh.
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Larro wrote:
mattbird wrote:I am really curious how the GT organizers will sort out tourneys...

we were talking last night, floating the idea of looser formats, team tourneys, bringing your own terrain, playing with the WHOLE book, including dwarf zeppelins, etc.

One event like that, fine. All of them? I don't know if you'd continually get the support you think you'd get. You can convince the people who "don't care about winning" to come play at *any* event, competitive or not, because in theory, these people have fun just by being there for the weekend. That said, I don't think it's a two way street; I'm not sure you can convince people who do care about winning to come to an event where winning = zero importance.

- Larry

Furthermore, I don't care about winning, but I STILL want to go to a competitive event, because I want to see how far I can push my crap army du jure.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mattbird » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:36 pm

Larry, I think the club general consensus is that 8th really can't be taken seriously on a competitive level. At least that's what Jarrett, Andy, Andrew and I were thinking last night. I guess you could play it as we did in 7th at GTs, but it's hard to take it seriously?
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Fool » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:42 pm

VectorAWX3 wrote:
Larro wrote:

- Larry

Furthermore, I don't care about winning, but I STILL want to go to a competitive event, because I want to see how far I can push my crap army du jure.

Says the guy with the most broken army in the game, hands down. Gnoblars ftw!
http://www.dogbark.com
Shamelessly promoting the company I work for, host your website with us.
Fool

Postby jer732 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Arash wrote:Wait,

who was it that had that really snarky answer about how the FAQs were OBVIOUSLY coming out on the tenth?

Where is he now? I need a good laugh.

I believe that was D_Sanchez a.k.a Andre?
jer732

Postby elrodogg » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Larro wrote:I don't think it's a two way street; I'm not sure you can convince people who do care about winning to come to an event where winning = zero importance.

Well Mr. GTKing, how would you structure an event? What ruleset do you recomend?
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer Fantasy