Anyone like Alexi Murdoch or Midlake?

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Anyone like Alexi Murdoch or Midlake?

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:28 am

I discovered Alexi through Stargate Universe. As far as I know, they've had 2 of his songs: Breathe & All My Days. Very cool artist and purposely disassociated himself from the industry. Has his own production going. I got 2 tix for his concert on Feb 17th at the Lincoln Center. $75 for table seats near the stage.

I discovered Midlake via iTunes. As I was listening to Alexi on there, the Genius pane had them on there and gave them a shot. They're a modern day band that sounds like they're out of the 60's. They studied jazz but made 3 sixties records. :lol: I got their latest one: The Courage of Others. After listening to all the samples (check Amazon if you don't have iTunes), I thought that album is the better starting point. The first song on there is great: Acts of Man. The band is like a mix of the Beatles and I dunno, RadioHead.

Just thought it would be cool if anyone else likes these guys cuz they're off beat and really talented. Hidden gems.
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Return to Off Topic