First List - War Witch Deneghra (35pts)

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Postby Anger Worm » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:55 am

Trying to settle on a first list to start with for Warmachine. Model-wise I should soon be able to field either. What do folks think of:

List 1
Warwitch Deneghra (+5)
Nightwretch 4
Nightwretch 4
Deathjack 12
Satyxis Raiders (Leader & 9 Grunts) 8
Satyxis Raider Sea Witch 2 (UA)
Skarlock Thrall 2
Pistol Wraith 3
Pistol Wraith 3
Warwitch Siren 2

or

List 2
Warwitch Deneghra (+5)
Nightwretch 4
Nightwretch 4
Deathjack 12
Skarlock Thrall 2
Bane Lord Tartarus 4
Bane Thralls (Leader & 8 Grunts) 8
Pistol Wraith 3
Pistol Wraith 3

Open to any and all suggestions, just kindly give the newb some reasoning.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Re: First List - War Witch Deneghra (35pts)

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:13 am

Where are your arc nodes???? You will want arc nodes.

edit - nm, you have nightwretches. Sorry, forgot those were bone jacks.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Daggermouth » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:21 am

Two nightwreches... Plus the DJ and a skarlock to toss spells around. I'm really liking the sound of the satyxis, but you may want to dump a pistol wraith and pick up the satyxis captain instead. Full satyxis, ua, and the captain make an insanely fast front line, plus reach, and two attacks each. Ouch. Take my word with a grain of salt though, all my info comes from the interwebs as I haven't had the time to actually play any WM yet :(

That is going to change soon though, my show closes on 12/5 and I'll be unemployed until 1/16. Eek.
Ian
Daggermouth

Postby Anger Worm » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:36 am

Good call on a satyxis captain. Seems well worth it if I'm already going with the full unit.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby SteveinNYC » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:48 am

I'd go with the Bane Thralls because of how hard they hit; if someone takes 3 jacks the Bane Thralls will be better able to deal with it. After you get a feel for the list, I'd also try dropping a Nightwretch and a Pistol Wraith for another jack (Cankerworm!).
SteveinNYC

Postby keithb » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:12 pm

The bane thrall list will be better for "sit and hold" scenarios, but the threat range on full raiders is excellent.

I personally like the first list. Denny's feat to debuff, plus raider power swell = a lot of dead stuff.

Not sure how crazy i am about pistol wraiths. Some armies will take them out with ease.

But you are starting with two of the biggest crutches in the Cryx list, with Denny + death jack. No need to throw Tartarsauce in there as well.
keithb

Postby BileBelcher » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:16 pm

If you are going with the Bane Thralls, the UA is INCREDIBLE! If I bring Bane Thralls at all, the UA is with them. Also Tartarus just makes the banes absurdly good, not to mention that he makes more banes. Your lists are fine as is, but the second one definitely feels stronger. Her feat with other debuff spells and Banes just cause so many ARM minuses (-7 ARM at the most). You'll notice in your games, that the Skarlock will be casting Ghost Walk more often then anything else; which isnt a bad thing.

Recommendations for first list: UA for the Banes

Recommendations for second list: the Satyxis Captain is a great addition to the list. With debuffs you should have no problem dealing with high armor (as long as it is in reason).

Also, when you start playing with the arc nodes you will see which ones you prefer and work better for you.
BileBelcher

Postby Anger Worm » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Keith, I got the impression it was a FFA as far as list selection. You keep mentioning things like crutch and broken, but I thought Warmachine was supposed to be a game relatively free of major balance issues (and complaints). Did Tartarus touch you in your no-no place?

So add all possible UAs and enhancing solos all around. It sounds like people are saying Satyxis list has more flare, but the Bane Thrall list is really hardcore. Am I correct?
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:54 pm

You keep mentioning things like crutch and broken, but I thought Warmachine was supposed to be a game relatively free of major balance issues (and complaints).

Page five was missing from his book .. LOL
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Return to Warmachine / Hordes