Lylyth list- which version? what warbeasts?

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Lylyth list- which version? what warbeasts?

Postby mattbird » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:19 am

so, trying to nail down a 35 point list with Lylyth. I definitely want max Raptors, max Striders with UA, Deathstalker, the Raptor solo... but beyond that, what? I can't figure out if Lylyth or her epic version are better, though I like the epic model much more. And warbeasts? I own an Angelius and Nephilm soldier, but not sure what is optimal. I hate the models for the lesser warbeasts, so would rather not use them...
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Re: Lylyth list- which version? what warbeasts?

Postby Guy In Suit » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:21 am

I will go ahead and jack this thread for info as well.

I'm going to use a Raek for a lesser warbeast, as I like his model and he seems useful.

Also probably Angelius and a Carnivean, maybe even two Angelii.

I am right to think that Speed 7 is pretty quick, right?
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby keithb » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:06 pm

The Carnivean is one of the best all around beasts in the game. It is hard to go wrong with that.

Also, while you don't appear to like shredders, I can tell you from experience they are amazing. they are only 2 points, and their animus is one of the best in the game.

Also, Epic lylyth is cooler. and better imho.

Saeryn is probably the best legion warlock, and then Epic Thangrosh. I absolutely love the new Raptor solo, she makes me regret selling my Legion.
keithb

Postby Guy In Suit » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Everyone says Saeryn is good. Granted I am a total noob, but I can't see why?

She has Fury 7 which is nice and the effect of her attack is neat, but I am just not seeing the uber; especialy compared with Epic Thagrosh.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby keithb » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Guy In Suit wrote:Everyone says Saeryn is good. Granted I am a total noob, but I can't see why?

She has Fury 7 which is nice and the effect of her attack is neat, but I am just not seeing the uber; especialy compared with Epic Thagrosh.

EThags can kill any model in the game just about if he has full fury and charges it. Not hard, plus with flight that is not terribly hard to do. Then there is everything else he does.

Saeryn is a much harder caster to learn because she is a support caster. But as far as casters go, she has one of the best spell lists in the game. Blight bringer is an AMAZING spell. Her feat is good. Her defense is good. Plus with her spell to bring a beast back within 3 when it is killed, and her feat where it cannot be targeted, it can become very difficult to stop her from setting up an Angelius assassination run, for example.
keithb

Postby SteveinNYC » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:38 pm

mattbird wrote:I can't figure out if Lylyth or her epic version are better, though I like the epic model much more.

I like Lylyth more because of her feat; her spells and bow are good too. eLylyth's feat would be good with your list though.

mattbird wrote:And warbeasts? I own an Angelius and Nephilm soldier, but not sure what is optimal. I hate the models for the lesser warbeasts, so would rather not use them...

The Carnivean and the Scythean are the core Legion beasts. The Angelius is fine. I love the Nephilm Soldier, but as the third beast in my lists. The Shredder and Harrier are both good, but you can do without them.

Guy In Suit wrote:I'm going to use a Raek for a lesser warbeast, as I like his model and he seems useful.

The Raek is good with some casters and beasts, the Angelius being one of them. And SPD 7 is fast.

Guy In Suit wrote:Everyone says Saeryn is good. Granted I am a total noob, but I can't see why?

Her feat is awesome and she's got strong spells. Flight+things that protect you from free strikes = assassination. eThagrosh is probably Legion's best caster, but Saeryn is good.
SteveinNYC

Postby Leenus » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:27 am

I don't know the WM meta that well, but Saeryn is awesome because of her feat, among other things. Against some armies, her feat basically gives you a free turn. That is AMAZING. Since you get 2 lists in most tournaments, you should be able to take her against melee opponents and swap to another caster against ranged.

Think of playing fantasy where for 1 turn you are immune to hand to hand combat. It's similarly insane in warmachine!
Leenus

Return to Warmachine / Hordes