Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Re: Deneghra is AWESOME

Postby Anger Worm » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Please refer to page 5.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby MikeM » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:27 pm

It is quite balanced, but Cryx is a bit more balanced than others. ;)
Mike Malarowski
MikeM

Postby BileBelcher » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:48 pm

There are tons of armies that hose Cryx. Your armies just need to be prepared for them. Similar with my Cryx, I need to be prepared for heavy shooting lists and Cygnar armies that can shoot me to bits.

This game does have some balance problems, but so do most games.
BileBelcher

Postby keithb » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:54 pm

BileBelcher wrote:There are tons of armies that hose Cryx. Your armies just need to be prepared for them. Similar with my Cryx, I need to be prepared for heavy shooting lists and Cygnar armies that can shoot me to bits.

This game does have some balance problems, but so do most games.

Cute that you mentioned TONS, and then just said Cygnar. Yes Cygnar has some good matchups against Cryx, but the issue is there are a lot of units/beasts/jacks/solos/casters that are Great against most things, and less good against cryx, due to undead. Which has not been appropriately costed.
keithb

Postby BileBelcher » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:08 pm

I didn't feel like going into detail, but almost all factions can do heavy shooting. Cygnar is just the one that gives me the most problems. All factions have things that hose Cryx... maybe not minions though, but I'm not too aware of what minions have right now.
BileBelcher

Postby keithb » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:32 pm

BileBelcher wrote:I didn't feel like going into detail, but almost all factions can do heavy shooting. Cygnar is just the one that gives me the most problems. All factions have things that hose Cryx... maybe not minions though, but I'm not too aware of what minions have right now.

They need to be able to get past stealth too. That is why Cygnar is a tough matchup. Black 13th FTW.

Retribution struggles against stealth lists, Which thralls can be.

Circle's only answer to stealth are a few sprays or to be within 5 inches.

Trolls have only Grim angus.

Legion, admittedly have eyeless sight on many things, and have tons of sprays.

Minions do not have enough models yet, so i won't hold that against you.

But two units of banes + tartarsauce? +the unavoidable DeathJack? If you couldn't bring them back so easily, it would not be an issue.

Another question, have you played or played against a Terminus + mechthrall spam list? Good luck shooting that army.
keithb

Postby BileBelcher » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:19 pm

I've seen a Terminus with 30 Mechanithralls and 9 Brutes w/ 2 necrosurgeons... it was nasty.

Recently I have been running a Terminus tier list with pirates and such high armor has been tough for opponents.
BileBelcher

Postby SteveinNYC » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:51 pm

Strong assassination factions - Cryx and Legion - are the easiest to play because assassination is the easiest way to win. Doesn't mean they're broken.
SteveinNYC

Previous

Return to Warmachine / Hordes