Ashlynn with new finished base and Anastasia

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Ashlynn with new finished base and Anastasia

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:51 pm

I'll work on my lighting issues sometime next month but for now we have:

"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Re: Ashlynn with new finished base and Anastasia

Postby Anger Worm » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:18 pm

Bases look really cool. Tiling is well done.

I like Ashlynn's gown and scheme overall, but something isn't working with the brown of Anastasia's cape. First, I'm not sure brown is the right color. I would consider a stark black, which would keep the model elusive looking, and pair better with the cool blues, whites and grays of the base. Secondly, if you're keeping brown, I think it needs a layer or two in between to create a good leather look. Brown is one of those magic colors that blends naturally, especially if you give it a wash layer in between. I'm a particular fan of scorched-> dark flesh -> highlight and a wash.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby Anger Worm » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:19 pm

And how many fractional factions are you doing?! :)
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby Amazonwarlord » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:23 am

Thanks for the thoughts. I had a boo boo with the cape on Ana ... spray dull coat with too high a humidity. That kinda set me in a funk about it being black ... dunno why really. Anyway I really should make it black and will likely go back and fix that.

As far as fractional factions, I'm a merc player who has battle boxes from all the other factions, 2 of which are painted now. I hope to have the other battle boxes done by the end of the year. If I get to be a press ganger then I can have a nice little display of models. Retribution does not have a battle box out and I don't think that they are "legal" for Demo's (as is true for Ashlynn, therefore I can not use her for demos).
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby elrodogg » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:16 am

Leah, your stuff really has been taken to the next level. Great great work. You really need to get yourself some better lighting to take better pics.

Also, that dog came out great.
elrodogg

Postby Amazonwarlord » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:07 am

Thanks Ronen! I don't know what it is .. maybe it's seeing such beautiful things here over the years and the advent of the "blogs" that basically tell ya how people get their stuff done. Or maybe it's just actually taking the time and trying harder ... Or maybe all of these things.

The Dog is painted after my own very sweet E-5. I was going to put her on Ash's base but it was too cramed. I may put her on a Vanguard's base in Ash's battlegroup though. That will probably work.

Amazonwarlord

Postby ampao » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Wow. the greenstuffing came out awesome! mini-e-5 looks great!
ampao

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Thanks !

I'll post new improved Ana with black cloak when I get home.
Amazonwarlord

Postby WeeDawgNYC » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:06 pm

Really cool, nice job replicating E-5
WeeDawgNYC

Return to Modeling and Painting