Provisionary Dwarfs of Chaos Errata and FAQ for 8th ed WFB

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Provisionary Dwarfs of Chaos Errata and FAQ for 8th ed W

Postby Aves » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:34 am

What about armor save, is +2 listed in the book aplying or is it gone?
Does it have thunderstomp?
Also is it like warmashine when it comes to characteristic tests ( like I test=auto fail?)
Black gem of Narg and Character riding a demon tower.
Magic Armors and demon tower (eg shield -1to hit bearer, shiels rerol all hits in cc against bearer, -1A to model atacking bearer)- if demon tower is on pair with for example an Anvil of doom, and character is beccoming a 1 model with joint wounds.

How does kiling blow interacts with Kolossuses crew?
How does Heroic killing blow .....?

If Character riding demon tower has Amulet of Hashut how many attacks do anihilators get +1 total or + 1 per anihilator( or per wound), should it be 1 total as its 1 model.

I might add that all items worn by runesmith (apart from weapons as attacks are separate) are affecting whole anvil model, ( like armor save, rerolls, reducing strenght of an attack, ward saves)

Axe of Zhrazak - 65pts for great weapon with asf ( which negates asl) will it be revised?
Aves

Postby KevinC » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Aves,

Thanks so much for pointing out such issues. I will look into them all carefully. Please keep any questions/corrections/confusion coming...
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby Aves » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:27 pm

not a problem, i am rly looking forward to using these towers?
Aves

Postby Manicpsychotic » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:19 pm

The earth shakers secondary effect seems fairly worthless now as it has little effect on charging units. Ive used them in a couple of 8th edition games now and the slow effect has only come into Play once. After the first turn enemies are too close for it to matter or flying or dead. Not sure what changes would make it have an effect without making it OP though.
Manicpsychotic

Postby zigzagman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:18 pm

As far as DeamonSmiths and Bound spells go, bound spells suck UNLESS they are innate, such as like empire priests, then they rock. Innate bound spells do not cause a miscast when cast with irresistible force, the casting model merely cannot cast anymore that phase.
I would suggest bringing back the random bound spell (but able to switch out for signature spell since there is no other way to get it) on the deamonsmith but making it innate, with a level equal to the casting value of the spell, including the powered up level of the spell (make him able to harness and channel a deamon to power the spell). Also counting as lvl 1 wizard for dispelling would be nice (but not a wizard, can't channel).
As many have pointed out, the Deamon weapon doesn't really make this guy a combat character. So I'd say give him the option to take the deamon weapon as a normal weapon option, aka the skaven warlock engineer and the warlock augmented weapon. Maybe 20 or 30 pts, and reducing the deamonsmiths points by the same amount. Thereby giving you a fairly versatile character that's not a wizard, but can cast a little, and is not a combat hero, but can fight a bit.
The 75 pt limit I can take or leave. Its very cool and makes him unique, but I hate super expensive characters myself.

Deamonsmith 65pts
hand weapon
Chaos armor

Shield...2pts
Deamon weapon 30pts
1 = +1 BS, fires in shooting phase 1d6+1 str4 AP flaming, magical attacks (sry, people would hate to get a negative if they pay that much pts for an item)
2-3 = +2 Initiative, +1 Weapon Skill
4-5 = +2 Attacks
6 = +1 Strength, +1 Toughness

Special Rules:
• Slave Lords
• Unyielding
• Diabolic Manipulator (this rule can be changed to include the innate bound spell)

Magic items:any (including arcane) up to 75pts
zigzagman

Postby KevinC » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Updated the 8th edition FAQ today (in green).

Aves, the rules in the errata for the Kollossus completely replace those in the 7th ed PDF, I believe all your questions should be answered now.

For playtesting purposes, I really need more feedback regarding the Kollossus tower, please either post about in from game experiences or PM me thanks.

There will be no option for a level 1 or 2 wizard. The magic options are the High Priest along with several bound spell options. Chaos Dwarfs are one of the few armies with such a large range of troops selection (i.e. Dwarf warriors, cav, slaves, war machines, chariots, magic, monsters, etc). Players can come up with diverse and effective army lists without a level 2 wizard.

Please keep the comments coming....

Thank you!
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby Aves » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:55 pm

i am gonna playtest this shortly.

[edit] in close combat what ws and T is used for wounding kolossus, highest?
Aves

Postby zigzagman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Is the number of crew on the bolt throwers staying 2, or increasing to the number of wounds on the war machine? IE 3
zigzagman

Postby termi » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:31 pm

What abut vampire unit that was hit by EarthSheiker and get additional movement from "dance macabre" did they move 8' or 4'? because on last tournament was a problem whew this because in vampire book is write that unit may move up to 8' and judge decide that vampirs may move 8' from spell
termi

Postby Guy In Suit » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:40 pm

That really is an unresolved Vampire issue. I had it ruled against me that stupid Ghouls (playing a LD-Bomb) couldn't be vanhels'd at a tourney either. It used to say 'Magic movement trumps other rules' but that went away, so who knows.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion