Provisionary Dwarfs of Chaos Errata and FAQ for 8th ed WFB

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Provisionary Dwarfs of Chaos Errata and FAQ for 8th ed W

Postby KevinC » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:13 pm

[edit] in close combat what ws and T is used for wounding kolossus, highest?

----------Aves, as described in the Warmachine section of the rulebook, in close combat you use the majority Toughness of the crew. As for WS, I've added tot he Daemon Tower rules that a character may use his WS to attack in combat, though for all other combat purposes use the WS of the majority of the crew.

Hobgoblin Spear Chukkas have 3 crew.
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby zigzagman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Do you think the updated PDF will be up in time for Adepticon?
zigzagman

Postby KevinC » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:43 pm

zigzag,

The only reason I'm waiting at this point is to see the new O&G book. Depending on how they treat Goblins, Hobgoblins may have new points cost... However, the current errata can and should be used when playing 8th edition games with Dwarfs of Chaos.
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby termi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:05 am

One more think shouldn’t obsydian guard have magic attacks? I ask because moust if not all unit that have kiling blow special rules have also magic attack.
termi

Postby Spartacus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:05 am

I think a good compromise to Daemonsmith issue would be to add some ways to provide better anti-magic, like traditional Dwarfs. That way, we don't need to take the High Priest, and we won't just get rolled over in the magic phase.

How about Daemonsmiths adding a dispel die like Runesmiths or Warrior Priests? We could also use magic items that steal your opponents power dice like the Rune of Balance, or the Anulian Crystal; or ones that store dice like the Rod of Power, or the Black Periapt. You could also make the Chalice of Fire only negate Power Dice (but you would have to use it every player turn instead of it being discretionary), which would make it more useful. That way, I can take my Overlord on a Taurus or Kollosus (which is what I really want to do with my lord points), and then just buy a couple of Deamonsmiths, and a couple anti-magic items to help shut down my opponent's magic phase.

I second the idea of giving Bull Centaurs two wounds, even if they cost a bit more. It will make them different than most cavalry in other armies, and right now they are just beautifully converted models in my cupboard that I will never use.

I would simplify the Kollosus Daemon Tower rules a bit. I think making it a war machine adds more questions than it answers. Just make it a monster mount, but say that it has ten wounds, and for each wound, one Annihilator is removed. Otherwise, the Annihilators cannot be targeted. The Character can still be singled out in close combat, but he cannot be singled out by shooting, similar to characters in units. I also would like to see it have Thunderstomp, to represent it continuing to push forward, plowing through the enemy unit. That would also help encourage you to charge every once in a while instead of hold back and shoot.

I like the reduction in the cost of Obsidian Guard, but I think there needs to be something that makes them significantly different than Chaos Dwarf Warriors equipped in the same way (other than just killing blow, WS and Strength). I would be willing to pay a few more points for something like hatred, stubborn, or frenzy. This issue is particularly potent since we already need 25% of our army to consist of Chaos Dwarf Warriors and Annihilators. These guys have got to fulfill a different role in my army if I am going to spend special points for them, instead of core points for a very similar unit. Chosen Chaos Warriors fall into this trap, and I no longer see anyone take them.

Excellent work guys, I love this army!
Spartacus

Postby EdSteiner » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:46 pm

I am working on coding this sourcebook for AB 3.3 data files and have several questions

Chaos Dwarf Warriors:
Eruption Gun Team - Does the team count as Skirmishers like Skaven weapons teams do? Is the Eruption Gun a "Move or Fire" weapon like a crossbow? Does this team gain "Stomp" and "Swiftstride" because it is a Monstrous Beast?
All Hobgoblin Units (Generic Question):
Daemon Eyes - Is this a single upgrade the equips the entire unit with +1 Ld upgrade?
Chaos Dwarf Death Rocket, Earthshaker Cannon:
Does this unit gain the "Stomp" if it charges because of Daemon Engine Special Rules? Can it declare a charge? If it does will it gain "Stomp" if it charges via declare charges? "Swiftstride" has already been addressed.
Bull Centaurs (Generic Question):
Does this unit fear flaming attacks as Cavalry or may they ignore that effect? Does this unit gain "Swiftstride"?
Kollossus Daemon Tower:
Can this unit declare a charge (War Machines cannot)? Movement is assumed to be 3?
Inferno Golems:
Eruption Gun notes on this unit state this unit may "Move and Fire" which is correct?

I have several additional one as they relate to the Kollossus Daemon Tower and I will take the time to clarify and pose them as further questions later.

Joe
EdSteiner

Postby EdSteiner » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Follow-up question
Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaurs: (All Units)
What is the starting Save for them? Is it no Save or is it 6+ beacuse they are a Cavalry model?
So for this example Great Horn Bull Centaur with Chaos Armor (Sv 4+) & Shield (+1 to Sv) does that equal a 3+ Sv or a 2+ Sv?

Joe
EdSteiner

Postby EdSteiner » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Rykarth the Unbreakable:
Are you required to take 1 unit of Obsidian Guard? If you don’t how can he be deployed. Can this unit be a general, I assume he can?

Molocharoar, Scion of Hashut:
Can this unit be a General, I assume not? Other assumptions are Swiftstride due to Flyer, Thunderstomp due to Monster Troop Type.
EdSteiner

Postby EdSteiner » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Orc & Goblin Units in Dwarves of Chaos Army:
Can units of Goblins, Orcs Boyz and Black Orcs still be taken as a Special in army? If so what Animosity table do they use Hobgoblin Version or Orc & Goblin Book version?

Hobgoblin Generals:
If a Hobgoblin Character is taken as Army general the units of Chaos Warriors and Chaos Annihilators are now Rare, but shouldn't Obsidian Guard also be a Rare as it would be hard to see them following orders of a lowly Hobgoblin general for anything less than a rare choice.

Joe

Note: The Army Builder 3.3 Data files should be done in time for next Monday's Update 14FEB11. You will need to select the Unoffical Rules in the Special Rules section when creating the Army Roster to show this Data.
EdSteiner

Postby EdSteiner » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Zhatan the Black:
The your errata you show him as Troop Type - Unique. Is it a Large Target like Thorgrim and his Thronebears since we are using Troop Type - Unique? However does it make more sense to compare it to Daemon of Chaos: Epidemius and his Palaquin which is rated Troop Type - Infantry and not a large target. I am in the view it is Unique and a Large Target which would also give it 18" for Inspiring Presence and Hold You Ground! abilities

Joe
EdSteiner

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion