Provisionary Dwarfs of Chaos Errata and FAQ for 8th ed WFB

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Provisionary Dwarfs of Chaos Errata and FAQ for 8th ed W

Postby EdSteiner » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Hobgoblin Lord and Hero (If Army General):
If they are taken then no other Chaos Dwarf characters can be taken as they will force a leadership error. General must have highest leadership. So then pose this question if that is the case then should all Chaos Dwarf Models (Warriors, Annihilators, Bull Centaurs, Death Rocket (any model with the Slave Lords rule) be a Rare Troop choice.

Special Characters:
Which can be Army Generals? Assumptions I have made are for Chaos Dwarfs are Zhatan, (Also BSB); Astragoth, and Rykarth. Hobgoblins are Gorduz and Morgok. I have left Molocharoar in limbo as I really am not sure.
EdSteiner

Postby EdSteiner » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Here is a brief extract of the Output for Army Builder using the data file I am working on.
1251 Pts - Chaos Dwarfs Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1244

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (25#, 456 pts)
23 Chaos Dwarf Warriors, 314 pts = 23 * 13 (base cost 8 + Great Weapon 2 + Chaos Armor 2 + Shield 1) + Musician 5 + Standard Bearer 10
. . 1 Slaver, 23 pts = (base cost 18 + Great Weapon 2 + Chaos Armor 2 + Shield 1)
1 Chaos Dwarf Slavemaster, 69 pts = (base cost 65 + Great Weapon 4)
. . 1 Armor of Stone, 50 pts

Chaos Dwarf Warriors (26#, 370 pts)
24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors, 303 pts = 24 * 12 (base cost 8 + Spear 1 + Chaos Armor 2 + Shield 1) + Musician 5 + Standard Bearer 10
. . 1 Eruption Gun Team, 45 pts
. . 1 Slaver, 22 pts = (base cost 18 + Spear 1 + Chaos Armor 2 + Shield 1)

Hobgoblin Wolf Riders (20#, 243 pts)
9 Hobgoblin Wolf Riders, 135 pts = 9 * 13 (base cost 12 + Spear 1) + Musician 6 + Standard Bearer 12
1 Hobgoblin Overseer, 93 pts = (base cost 40 + Warg 30 + Bow 2 + Extra Poisoned Hand Weapon 14 + Light Armour 2) + Daemon Eyes 5
. . 1 Crooked Dice, 15 pts

Rabble (20#, 48 pts)
19 Rabble, 38 pts = 19 * 2
. . 1 Hobgoblin Taskmaster, 10 pts

Goblin Mob (20#, 92 pts)
20 Goblins, 92 pts = 20 * 4 (base cost 3 + Shield 1) + Musician 4 + Standard Bearer 8

Artillery (4#, 35 pts)
1 Hobgoblin Spear Chukka, 35 pts

Validation Report:
Army Subtype: Chaos Dwarf Army; Edition: 8th Edition; Game Type: Normal Game; Special Rules: Allow Unofficial Units
Roster satisfies all enforced validation rules

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 0 (0 - 312.75)
Points of Heroes: 227 (0 - 312.75)
Points of Core: 707 (312.75 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 127 (0 - 625.5)
Points of Rare: 0 (0 - 312.75)

Created with Army Builder® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
EdSteiner

Postby zigzagman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:49 am

Last i checked there is nothing in the dwarfs of chaos book allowing you to buy units from the Orcs & goblins armybook. I believe its why Kevin inserted hobgoblins in many of the goblin roles.
zigzagman

Postby EdSteiner » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 pm

I nkow but I left it as an outstanindg quesiotn to be answered in my posts before this. However he does state that a Hobgoblin General can include a common goblin shaman, I suspect this is to give the hobgobloin lead amry at least some magic, but again not sure. It also then limits a Hobgolbin only Army to very few troop choices again based on moving CD warrior and CD Annililahtors to Rare, I suspect that the Obstian guard and all CD Wm should be moved as well, but again I am awaiting some guidance on that as well. See my other posts for the rest of my quesitoins or assumption I may have made in error.
EdSteiner

Postby KevinC » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi Joe,

I've answered your questions below.

Chaos Dwarf Warriors:
Eruption Gun Team - Does the team count as Skirmishers like Skaven weapons teams do? Is the Eruption Gun a "Move or Fire" weapon like a crossbow? Does this team gain "Stomp" and "Swiftstride" because it is a Monstrous Beast?

--------------Eruption guns do not have the skirmish rules. No rules prevent the Eruption gun from moving and firing.

*** As with ALL Warhammer units, Chaos Dwarf units gain all the special rules of the troop type they are classified as unless otherwise noted.

All Hobgoblin Units (Generic Question):
Daemon Eyes - Is this a single upgrade the equips the entire unit with +1 Ld upgrade?

-------In 8th edition, an entire unit gains Daemon eyes for +20 points. Each Hobgoblin gains +1 LD.

Chaos Dwarf Death Rocket, Earthshaker Cannon:
Does this unit gain the "Stomp" if it charges because of Daemon Engine Special Rules? Can it declare a charge? If it does will it gain "Stomp" if it charges via declare charges? "Swiftstride" has already been addressed.

--------Yes to all three questions. Unless is there something in the rules I'm missing that prevents any of this?

Bull Centaurs (Generic Question):
Does this unit fear flaming attacks as Cavalry or may they ignore that effect? Does this unit gain "Swiftstride"?

----------Bull Centaurs are cavalry in all respects.

Kollossus Daemon Tower:
Can this unit declare a charge (War Machines cannot)? Movement is assumed to be 3?

------------Daemon Tower rules state i may declare a charge, movement 3 is correct.

Inferno Golems:
Eruption Gun notes on this unit state this unit may "Move and Fire" which is correct?

-------------They may move and fire.

I have several additional one as they relate to the Kollossus Daemon Tower and I will take the time to clarify and pose them as further questions later.

---------------I'm probably going to update to Tower as a monster, only because the rules will be more clear...

Follow-up question
Chaos Dwarf Bull Centaurs: (All Units)
What is the starting Save for them? Is it no Save or is it 6+ beacuse they are a Cavalry model?
So for this example Great Horn Bull Centaur with Chaos Armor (Sv 4+) & Shield (+1 to Sv) does that equal a 3+ Sv or a 2+ Sv?

-----------Bull Centaurs are the Cav troop type, so they gain +1 armour save.

Rykarth the Unbreakable:
Are you required to take 1 unit of Obsidian Guard? If you don’t how can he be deployed. Can this unit be a general, I assume he can?

---------------------You are not required to take a unit of Obsidian Guard, but than you will not be allowed to deploy Rykarth. Any character may be the army general, as long as they have the highest LD in the army as described in the BRB.

Molocharoar, Scion of Hashut:
Can this unit be a General, I assume not? Other assumptions are Swiftstride due to Flyer, Thunderstomp due to Monster Troop Type.

--------Molocharoar is a Monster and follows the monster rules. As a character he may be the army general as long as he has the highest LD in the army. See BRB regarding the rules for selecting a general.

Orc & Goblin Units in Dwarves of Chaos Army:
Can units of Goblins, Orcs Boyz and Black Orcs still be taken as a Special in army? If so what Animosity table do they use Hobgoblin Version or Orc & Goblin Book version?

----------Goblins and Orcs Boyz are not in the Dwarf of Chaos army list. There is a Regiment of Renown BO unit that does not suffer animosity.

Hobgoblin Generals:
If a Hobgoblin Character is taken as Army general the units of Chaos Warriors and Chaos Annihilators are now Rare, but shouldn't Obsidian Guard also be a Rare as it would be hard to see them following orders of a lowly Hobgoblin general for anything less than a rare choice.

---------No.

Zhatan the Black:
The your errata you show him as Troop Type - Unique. Is it a Large Target like Thorgrim and his Thronebears since we are using Troop Type - Unique? However does it make more sense to compare it to Daemon of Chaos: Epidemius and his Palaquin which is rated Troop Type - Infantry and not a large target. I am in the view it is Unique and a Large Target which would also give it 18" for Inspiring Presence and Hold You Ground! abilities

-----------He is not a large target, though I may be changing his troop type to infantry in the final PDF.
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby KevinC » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Hobgoblin Lord and Hero (If Army General):
If they are taken then no other Chaos Dwarf characters can be taken as they will force a leadership error. General must have highest leadership. So then pose this question if that is the case then should all Chaos Dwarf Models (Warriors, Annihilators, Bull Centaurs, Death Rocket (any model with the Slave Lords rule) be a Rare Troop choice.

-------------------The rules as written are correct.

Special Characters:
Which can be Army Generals? Assumptions I have made are for Chaos Dwarfs are Zhatan, (Also BSB); Astragoth, and Rykarth. Hobgoblins are Gorduz and Morgok. I have left Molocharoar in limbo as I really am not sure.

------------ALL characters may be the army general depending of the other characters you take, see selecting generals in the BRB.

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

KevinC

Postby EdSteiner » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Kevin that for taking the time to reply. I will be using your information to update the AB 3.3 8th Ed data files to reflect it.
EdSteiner

Dwarfs of Chaos AB 3.3 Dataset

Postby EdSteiner » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:02 pm

I have now coded and posted the dataset which was released with the weekly updates 18FEB10 for Army Builder 3.3 WF8 data file. To use this version of rules you must select Allow Unofficial Units under rules section. I will also be working to remove the O&G units from the files but I need to work with that Army's dataset creator to have him recoded it. Please if you use AB 3.3 DL and give it a try I have used all the errata questions that Kevin answered to code it hopefully correctly.

Joe
EdSteiner

Postby KevinC » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:30 am

The Daemon Tower has been updated to a Monster. It functions pretty much the same as it did as a warmachine, though it clears up all the questions...

KevinC

Postby elrodogg » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:53 am

Kevin, now that you're seen the greenskins army book. Are there going to be any changes to the various hobgoblin entries?
elrodogg

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion