Painting Blog

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: Painting Blog

Postby slann » Mon May 02, 2011 7:35 pm

looks awesome so far .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue May 03, 2011 9:15 am

Lovely departure from the studio scheme which I absolutely hate. These are fantastic.

As for the bases, I also think it's the marsh water which looks a little off but hey, armies don't get to pick the nasty ground they tramp through.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Arash » Tue May 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Once again thank you for all the compliments, it makes painting them easier.

Speaking of painting, I've had trouble sitting down and doing so recently, I mostly think that this is due to being tired. I don't want to rush the army because there really is no need to do so. Also, I tend to take shortcuts and mistakes when I rush, something I want to avoid.

I do feel as though the white is not that great, I'm going to touch it up a bit tomorrow, maybe wash it with some light brown and re highlight, and see how I feel.

Anyway, finished the white on the dudes I was working on, hopefully I'll get to the blue bits tomorrow.

Group shot

Close up of a back

Front

and the front of the snipers

And the part I like the least, the back of the snipers. I might go back and redo this, but I want to see how it looks with the gold and the browns painted in first.

واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Previous

Return to Modeling and Painting