What's the Warmonger Take on Citadel Finecast?

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

What's the Warmonger Take on Citadel Finecast?

Postby Pariah » Mon May 23, 2011 4:52 pm

Wondering what you guys think about this? The price hike for a cheaper material doesn't seem all that appealing to me. I'm also wondering if you can make a fine detailed resin that doesn't have small thin parts snapping off constantly. Will it be some kind of resin plastic mix? Are they going to run into problems when people bore out their lungs inhaling resin dust?

This is certainly an interesting development from GW...
Pariah

Re: What's the Warmonger Take on Citadel Finecast?

Postby Guy In Suit » Mon May 23, 2011 4:56 pm

If I was the speculating type I'd buy every metal mini I could get my hands on.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby mattbird » Mon May 23, 2011 5:22 pm

It's a resin plastic mix. Beyond that, I suspect the general feeling around here is apathy. Most of us have moved on to non-GW games at this point.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Fool » Mon May 23, 2011 5:48 pm

mattbird wrote:It's a resin plastic mix. Beyond that, I suspect the general feeling around here is apathy. Most of us have moved on to non-GW games at this point.

Or alternative mini companies. There's no real pressure to buy GW minis for GW tournaments.
http://www.dogbark.com
Shamelessly promoting the company I work for, host your website with us.
Fool

Postby WickerNipple » Mon May 23, 2011 8:40 pm

I like working with resin and have been impressed with other high quality resin minis I've seen, so I expect to like the product quite a lot.

20-30% more? unlikely. :lol:
WickerNipple

Postby slann » Thu May 26, 2011 11:40 pm

well iam not a huge fan of resin . but I will tell you the 40k army iam working on now is the last GW models I buy new , more price hikes for less product , its just getting stupid , iam joining most of the clubs in Europe and a bunch here in the US and am boycotting them til things change .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby Kirika » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:16 pm

I actually saw some finecast first hand at the MapleWood RTT over memorial day weekend. It actually isn't as terrible as people make it out to be the Incubi I saw seemed to be have not all that many bubbles and the only miscast was one deformed head and some bent weapons. I think they give you extra heads and weapons so that wasn't a huge deal for the buyer of those incubi but I can see this being a problem with single minis where there are no extra parts.

Finecast has two issues imo besides the price.

1. finecast is they melt in hot cars. There was a picture of the finecast after being left in a hot car all warped and bent next to a metal model and a plastic model which were fine.

2. Resin and the targeting young boys and teenagers doesn't really mix as they tend to shove their models in shoe boxes and not be all that careful. With plastic or metal you have regluing arms and parts that fall off. With resin you have potential shattering when dropped and the whole safety issue when working with resin.
Kirika

Postby slann » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:57 am

So you didnt find mis formed heads and weapons a problem ? I have to say thats the only thing gw had going fot it still with there crazy prices was the extra bitz . For the price they are asking I want every bit to be in working order .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:32 am

+1
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Return to Warmonger Club