Obama is the worst president in history- discuss

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: Obama is the worst president in history- discuss

Postby Guy In Suit » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:32 pm

Sarah Palin.

That is all.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Bauhaus » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:18 am

I don’t disagree that Obama is failing. I just don’t blame him as much as I blame us.

New Jersey, New York, etc. are all cutting the benefits of public employees – of course some of the “cuts” make sense – like changing the retirement age from 62 to 65 or asking that they contribute more to their portion of health care costs, but the message is that we’re going to blame the middle class for our problems. The Rebublicans won’t negotiate if there’s talk of raising taxes on the rich. I don’t want Obama to cave – I want him to say fuck you. I don’t think he’s capable of doing that either.
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby WickerNipple » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:32 am

Talking people who make 30k a year into hating on people that make 50k a year is the Republican Magic Machine.
WickerNipple

Postby allanmcnab » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:54 pm

mattbird wrote:then why have my company's health care costs gone up, and we get less coverage in return? Same plan, same provider.

Wait, wait, I know this one :D It's the same fucking reason that the price for health insurance has gone up, with more copays and higher deductibles for the last thirty years. expensive drugs, end of life treatment, people living longer with greater medical expenses over the final years of life. Preemies being saved, and living long unfulfilling lives under 24/7 medical care. infertility now being covered by insurance rather than just being a sad fact of life for some people. The overdrugging of children to help cure kids who will not sit docily in class like sponges. Insurance companies richly rewarding ceo's. more people being uninsured so that their care is paid for by a hidden "tax" that the hospitals levy on insured patients to pay for the uninsured.

Is that it teacher, huh, huh?? :bash:
allanmcnab

Postby allanmcnab » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:57 pm

oh, and just to make it clear, I love the way that cantor is going to make Bohner cave on the no taxes thing, while he keeps his political hands clean, for the 2016 election.
allanmcnab

Postby Larro » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:58 pm

McNabb, I agree to an extent. There ARE too many handouts and entitlements for things like infertility, non-essential health care, and the overdrugging of EVERYONE (not just kids). Doctors prescribe because money is in prescriptions, companies lobby the FDA behind the scenes to get the OK and the doctors play ball.

But honestly, these are small financial issues compared to Energy. Energy is the answer, and the Government needs to take it over, plain and simple. Do I trust the Government to be infallible? Fuck no. They screw up everything. But it's already screwed up, and if they screw it up but make it CHEAPER, and remove the For-Profit carrot that drives these selfish companies, then I'm all in favor of it.

Same goes for Healthcare. I just don't understand how basic issues like Healthcare and Energy, the cornerstones of basic human living, alongside things like Defense and Roads, EVER became privatized.

The sad reality is that the world is shit, all of it, and it's only growing exponentially worse due to overpopulation and the grossly lower reproduction rate of the Educated compared to the Uneducated masses. Educated people are taking longer to reproduce, with the rising costs and time associated with Education, or they're choosing not to reproduce at all, while the shit pops out 3-5+ children, each with a Goverment lifetime stipend attached which *we* all pay for.

So, bottoms up to our shit sandwich. The best thing we can do right now is hold our noses before we take a bite.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby steve » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:04 pm

I believe educated people would reproduce if there was a system of affordable child care available, so the choice wasn't maintain lifestyle OR have a kid. Whether this is a valid standpoint is neither here nor there. Alternatively having a comprehensive sex education system would work the other way reducing the overproduction by the less educated. But both of these are way too lefty, and one actually accepts that people heve sex which is something that needs to be quelled, at least until married and then only for said babies to come forth.
steve
steve

Postby Larro » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:34 pm

I think this is an idea which in practice would not actually get your results, and I think reality shows this. Sex education has been in effect since as long as I can remember, and granted, I'm only 28, but I've never *not* known about HIV, sex education, etc. These are things I've consciously thought about through the years, as I'm sure we all have, as a direct result of the education.

Now, look at today. This doesn't apply to everyone, but here's my position on your statement above - the educated (keep it simple, and let's just say College-level education = educated for the purposes of this discussion) actually pay attention to some/most of what is taught, not just in class, but possibly in the greater scheme of things. They think about things like costs of living and all costs of raising a child, as well as all of the other myriad of issues that come along with having a child. The "uneducated" (for the purposes of this discussion) think about it while in health class, maybe, but most of them probably forget about it when it comes time to fuck. Education is just a start, but it takes years and probably generations to change the culture. And it's also why, IMO, nothing ever changes.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby mauleed » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:40 pm

I blame giving women the vote.
mauleed

Postby Fool » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 am

http://www.dogbark.com
Shamelessly promoting the company I work for, host your website with us.
Fool

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic