Obama is the worst president in history- discuss

From politics to poetry, if it isn't covered in one of the other forums and you want to share it with us, put it here.

Re: Obama is the worst president in history- discuss

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:59 am

I blame the phase-out of the gold standard, personally.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:35 pm

I blame Tina Fey for losing the election.
WickerNipple

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:59 pm

The girl I've been dating has a cat named Tina Fey. It would not make a good president.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:28 pm

Now that Matt is in Anyone But Obama mode he might disagree.

Bachmann-Santorum '12!

WOOOOOOO
WickerNipple

Postby elrodogg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Surely Matt would paint that better.
WickerNipple

Postby allanmcnab » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:22 pm

Larro, those are all salient points, but I was only answering birdoffs silly question about why his healthcare costs have gone up. sure a more nuanced answer would have included other things, but I am, like most americans, and especially birdoff if he truly believes simplistic shit like "obamacare is the reason that my healthcare costs have risen", intellectually lazy and use shorthand in my arguments.
allanmcnab

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Regarding Matt's health insurance coverage question: Matt, your costs have gone up in relation to your coverage because your Human Resources personnel/contractor screwed up. My cost/coverage ratio has gone DOWN. I like you, work in Marketing. I do have the advantage of working for UbiquitiCorp (Bringing the Man into Your Home), but apparantly, the deals are out there, if your people are willing to up the nut and actually act like smart consumers.

In regards the President's performance to date, I like to point out one truly critical factor: The Constitution. The Executive Branch has to work within the framework of the laws, (including, the sometimes stunning loopholes permitted by those laws). The Executive Branch does not make laws or levy taxes. Tax breaks for the rich are only the responsibility of the President in terms of; suggesting it (which he hasn't really), and vetoing it (which I agree he should do).

The sad fact of the job is that the POTUS, any contemporary president, is really in a 6 year campaign cycle in the attempt to gain 3.5 years of office where he can't be screwed with much. The first term is, frankly, highly restricted and probationary.

To give some historical perspective, this is just the Gingrinch congress all over again. A bunch of newcomers come in and, discovering that their greatest power is to screw things up for others, do so. In time, this bunch of yahoos will become more or less like the last bunch of yahoos, until you all in your districts and states get them to toe the line, or throw them out.

Which brings me to my real point. President Obama hasn't failed in ANY of the points you've brought up, Matt. YOU have. Your job as a citizen didn't stop when you pulled the lever to register your vote for the man. If YOUR Congress isn't sending the legislation that YOU want to YOUR President, then you need to get on the phone, and start letting them know that they need to spend less time snapping pictures of their cocks and start putting out the bills that YOU want.

And I agree with Larry regarding Energy policy. It's become a legitimate security issue, (not a pretend Patriot Act security issue.) Regulation as it exists is not doing the job.
Emperors Reckoning

Postby slann » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:43 pm

About education taking longer to produce , The problem is that the low middle class that would most likely produce good educational candidates cant afford it . The low middle class just fall out of welfare help , but don't make enough in this economy to take care of a child let alone 2-3 . which leads to the middle class that have children to work extra jobs to afford food and socially efficient gear ( clean /cool cloths , sneakers , good holiday gifts ) , this has the parent too tired to sit down and go over school work and to be on top of there study's in the important early stages of education to set the pace .

The low income areas where the cost of living could be lowered , are not safe enough to live in , another factor that ways in on the lower middle class , the ones that care about change and education anyway .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby Amazonwarlord » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Regarding Matt's health insurance coverage question: Matt, your costs have gone up in relation to your coverage because your Human Resources personnel/contractor screwed up. My cost/coverage ratio has gone DOWN. I like you, work in Marketing. I do have the advantage of working for UbiquitiCorp (Bringing the Man into Your Home), but apparantly, the deals are out there, if your people are willing to up the nut and actually act like smart consumers.

In regards the President's performance to date, I like to point out one truly critical factor: The Constitution. The Executive Branch has to work within the framework of the laws, (including, the sometimes stunning loopholes permitted by those laws). The Executive Branch does not make laws or levy taxes. Tax breaks for the rich are only the responsibility of the President in terms of; suggesting it (which he hasn't really), and vetoing it (which I agree he should do).

The sad fact of the job is that the POTUS, any contemporary president, is really in a 6 year campaign cycle in the attempt to gain 3.5 years of office where he can't be screwed with much. The first term is, frankly, highly restricted and probationary.

To give some historical perspective, this is just the Gingrinch congress all over again. A bunch of newcomers come in and, discovering that their greatest power is to screw things up for others, do so. In time, this bunch of yahoos will become more or less like the last bunch of yahoos, until you all in your districts and states get them to toe the line, or throw them out.

Which brings me to my real point. President Obama hasn't failed in ANY of the points you've brought up, Matt. YOU have. Your job as a citizen didn't stop when you pulled the lever to register your vote for the man. If YOUR Congress isn't sending the legislation that YOU want to YOUR President, then you need to get on the phone, and start letting them know that they need to spend less time snapping pictures of their cocks and start putting out the bills that YOU want.

And I agree with Larry regarding Energy policy. It's become a legitimate security issue, (not a pretend Patriot Act security issue.) Regulation as it exists is not doing the job.

This is pure awesomeness.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic