Donating to the Club

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Donating to the Club

Postby BuffaloChicken » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:00 pm

I'll be back home for a bit in December and trying to clear up some space in my apartment. Part of this involves trying to sell some models I don't need, but I also have certain things that aren't worth selling. This includes one or two terrain pieces, a ton of old bits, and maybe a big stack of White Dwarf back-issues.

What do people think about a take-a-bit-leave-a-bit bin? People can donate their spare parts and then if anybody needs anything, they can take it with the expectation that they'll leave a thing or two in return. Seems like a good idea to me and wondering what the Warmonger head honchos thought of it. I'm sure almost all of us have things we'll never need lying in boxes and bags and I know I'd rather my spare parts go to good use. I might even have a compartmentalized plastic case I can donate so bits can be sorted (body parts, vehicle accessories, weapons, heads, bling, etc).

So would it be okay to drop some things off at the club? I don't want it to look like I'm dumping my junk at the shop, but I think there's got to be people who would appreciate it. :)
BuffaloChicken

Re: Donating to the Club

Postby WickerNipple » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:12 pm

We actually have one already. There's a magic box full of stuff in the back corner, and the right edge of the back shelves serves this purpose too. You're welcome to drop of models/parts/terrain and someone will make use of it. (I'm looking for fantasy terrain parts currently too.)

Not the WDs though unless someone individually asks for em. We've all got piles of that stuff that we need to throw away too! :)
WickerNipple

Postby BuffaloChicken » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:52 pm

Fantastic! Shows I need to spend some more time there. I'll be sure to make a trip to the club this winter and would love to play someone with a painted army.
BuffaloChicken

Postby WickerNipple » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Just let us know when yer around, you'll get games.
WickerNipple

Postby Anger Worm » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:23 am

You should bring the White Dwarfs too. I know there are a few back issues I'd probably grab, and last time someone brought a bunch they all eventually got nabbed (worst case those that don't get tossed, same as they would anyway). Generally stuff left back there gets grabbed by someone eventually.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby Guy In Suit » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:49 am

Hang out. Make friends. Be happy.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Gleeptoid7 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:18 pm

I've got a whole box of WD your welcome to.
Gleeptoid7

Postby WickerNipple » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm already planning on dropping my crates of WD off at Jarrett's house next time I go over there.
WickerNipple

Postby Anger Worm » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:51 pm

Let it rain!
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby BuffaloChicken » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:56 am

Should be swinging by this evening with a ton of WD, a bitz bag and a piece of terrain. I have to stay in the area for a while, so is anyone free to grab a beer around 7-8pm? First round on me. :)

If you see me hanging around the club feel free to flag me down and take me up on the beer offer. Today I'm wearing a dark blue wilderness medical shirt.
BuffaloChicken

Return to Warmonger Club