40k General New to area

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

40k General New to area

Postby TheCaptain » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:44 am

Hi; I'm currently attending college in queens, and was directed here for a good group to play some 40k with. I'm relatively new to the hobby (powergamers beware) so I might not have the best grip on the rules; but I'd love to be able to play regularly against a bunch of different people and different armies.

Additionally, is Thursday night the only time you guys game? or just the most frequent.
TheCaptain

Re: 40k General New to area

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:03 pm

Welcome welcome.

Thursday nights are our main event. There is also open gaming on Saturdays, and tournaments/events scheduled on Saturdays from time to time. (For example, next Saturday Jan 21st http://warmongers.ziggyqubert.com/wmbb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17339)

It's easy just to swing by and find a game on Thursdays without planning ahead. You definitely want to schedule a game on the forums for Saturdays - it's far less (sometimes not at all) attended.

FYI: We are a very competitive minded club. Most of us attend several tournaments a year, and tournament participation molds how we think of and play the game. A part of that molding is adherence to fair play and sportsmanship ~ you're not going to find "powergamers" seeking to take advantage of someone who doesn't know the rules - but you are going to find very tooled and precise army lists.

We are very welcoming to new players. Especially if you drink. :lol:
WickerNipple

Re: 40k General New to area

Postby The Gunslinger » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:22 am

^Like
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Return to Warmonger Club