Pro painting services.

Need a bit (or twenty) for that conversion? This is the place.

Pro painting services.

Postby MrJody » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:27 am

Hi. I am Jody and I am new to the area. I own Black Market Studios. We are a professional painting service with many many years of experience in both painting and modeling. We even do a small bit of sculpting. We have no set price list all commissions are priced individually and depending on just what it is you want done. Also we do not provide any models those you should get from the Complete Strategist. We do everything from 15mm on up and will whole armies or just one mini.Not only do we paint but we game to when time permits so we understand the need to get the job done fast. We've even been known to paint for trade. For sample pics of our work our a price on having something painted or even references PM me here or e-mail at black_market_studio@yahoo.com. Be sure to mention what the e-mail is about for example, painting commission. Because if I don't know the sender and that isn't in the title it will be deleted.Looking forward to painting for you guys and hopefully doing some gaming with you as well. Thanks, Mr.Jody.
MrJody

Re: Pro painting services.

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Dear Mr. Jody,

Get a website.

Love,

Everyone
Emperors Reckoning

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:49 pm

+1
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby MrJody » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:41 pm

Sorry didn't mean to offend. If a moderator, whom I tried to contact before I ever posted this, would please remove it I will be sure not to mention it in any other posts. Once again I apologize I didn't think this post violated any of the rules of this forum.
MrJody

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:00 pm

The post is fine, and in the right place. Not offended.

The issue is that your painting service, called "Black Market", an edgey and cool name, no doubt, nonetheless has the cautionary cachet of the "Nigerian Prince Savings and Loan", or "Pyramid Investment Corp". This is supplemented by the "email a stranger on a throwaway email account" sole contact information, something I wouldn't approach with less than three cutouts, preferably routing through SoKo or Rio. What I'm saying is; your pitch is dodgey. Okay, that is the paranoid old fucker part of me.

The part of me that is employed by a global marketing conglomerate, though, wants to see what you've got. You have no web presence, no flicker or photobucket, no promotional effort at all. I mean, good Godfrey, are you proud of your work, or not?

The regular members of this site have some really fine painters. We appreciate good work. At the same time, many of us have less time to paint than we might like. Several of us have bought painted armies in the past, or engaged painters to do work for commission. We got jobs, we got cash, and many of us win big tournaments (meaning the potential for good exposure).

So, show us what you've got. Get a website. Blogspot is stupid easy. YouTube not much harder. Build your brand, Mr. Jody, build your brand.
Emperors Reckoning

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Your post violates no rules of the forum, and the specific request to support CS is spot on. There's absolutely nothing wrong with locals advertising painting commissions, and you're not the first to do so.

Emperor does happen to be right about the benefits of establishing a web presence, even if he sounds like a big ole meanie face. :lol:

Even lacking a website, example images in your opening post would go a long way towards attracting customers. It's not so much that I'm paranoid or don't trust you, I simply would never put in the effort to find out. I'm also fond of paragraphs. ;)

Btw, CS would probably let you leave ads or business cards if you asked them.
WickerNipple

Postby MrJody » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Thank you. I didn't want to put an enormous post full of pics and links. I was trying to promote while being low key. http://blackmarketstudios.blogspot.com/ ... chive.html That link will take you to my blog I also went to the gallery forum but didn't see any place to post pics. Could be right in front of me though and I didn't notice. Most boards have a forum dedicated to painting services and it's there that I post links pics and even references. My blog is small Due to the fact that I do post quite a bit more on dedicated painting services sites. Here is another link with a small sample of my work. http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/28261 ... Rhino.html As I said I am new to the area and sure didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I'm just looking for a place to game and if I can pick up some paint work along the way that much better. Thanks, Mr.Jody.
MrJody

Return to The Bitz Box