Just moved to queens, looking for a new venue

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Just moved to queens, looking for a new venue

Postby darkdrgon » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi everybody, I just started school in queens and I am looking around for a semi local place to get some games in. I have a few questions about club policy before walking in one day and being unable to find a game

How does everyone feel about counts as? in my Tau army I have converted lizardmen Saurus and Skinks to use as Kroot and Kroot hounds, is that kosher, or frowned upon? I also have a kings of war undead army I am thinking about upgrading to a 2000 point VC army.

are forgeworld units ok? I have a couple of Tetra I picked up to paint, but would like to use them in a game sometime.

thanks for your time
darkdrgon

Re: Just moved to queens, looking for a new venue

Postby elrodogg » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Hey there, welcome to New York.

Feel free to use any sorts of forgeworld units (just bring a copy of the rules). You'll find our crowd of people to be very easy going with that sort of stuff. Equally, we are fine with conversions/proxies/count-as units as long as they make sense and are easy to recognize.

We play Thursdays from about noon until 8:45 when the store closes. Most people arrive around 530/6 so (after work) and you generally can find a game if you just show up. There is also gaming on Saturdays, but attendance for that is sporadic. Post on these message boards if you want a game and maybe you can find someone.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Return to Warmonger Club