Privateer plastics

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Privateer plastics

Postby Daggermouth » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Is it just me or is privateer plastics absolutely terrible. I do prefer plastic models to paint and carry around, but it just seems like privateer's plastics are a pain in the ass to clean and assemble. I put together one slayer (a while ago), but just started assembling the menoth battle box to teach a buddy with and I want to stab a basketball in frustration. Is it just me?
Ian
Daggermouth

Re: Privateer plastics

Postby BileBelcher » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:26 pm

It isn't just you, they are horrific. The Menoth one gave me fits also. I have yet to see a solid plastic model, but their metal ones have made me pretty happy recently.
BileBelcher

Postby Vanguard » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:33 pm

I think it varies from kit to kit. The Menoth plastic jack kits have been near perfect for me. I just got some Bastions today and they will require some work to straighten their glaives.

Edit: Holy jesus these were a bitch to assemble. I had to cut every joint to fit it in the sockets. On one particular pose (which comprises 3 of the 5 models) there is a pretty noticeable gap I'll need to green stuff into a cloth wrapping or something.
Vanguard

Postby Amazonwarlord » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:03 am

And I understand the plastic is a resin plastic hybrid like thing? Something like that so plastic glue doesn't work.
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Return to Warmachine / Hordes