My Brets

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

My Brets

Postby teddet » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:33 pm

Since I had them, I thought I'd add a few pics of my current bret force. Maybe one day I'll even be free on a Thursday or Saturday to make it to Compleat.

teddet

Re: My Brets

Postby Anger Worm » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:41 am

Quite striking! The green gemstone throughout really sets it off. Also cool idea using Celestine (?) As a counts-as pegasus rider.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:56 am

Those look really great!
Emperors Reckoning

Postby teddet » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Thanks -- and yeah, it is Celestine. The wings are from crocodile games. Together with the arm swap (for the lance) and little ribbon on the front, they manage to cover up the "tech" bits, so I didn't need to file anything off.
teddet

Postby slann » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:52 am

I agree the green gem effects looks good threw out the force .
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Postby teddet » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:11 am

Okay, i've made a bit more progress with the army (and introduced a digression). I like the new empire kits, and I have a few empire models lying around, so I figured I'd start an army with the new book. However, because I like the bret models more than the empire knight models, mine are going to be "border princes" with a bit of both worlds. And also, my gryphon model is becoming a rooster-gryph (patent pending).

He's even got horse hooves, and (hopefully) will be posed so that he's just touching down or taking off with only his front left foot on the ground -- assuming my basing skills can live up to it. I also need to find a bret model that fits the saddle. I just got a bunch of questing knights and the older knights, so maybe kit bash with those.

Also, I've been working on the long-term bases for my guys. These desert bases were always a temporary solution and are destined for my ogre-shabti army. My brets (and lots of the empire models too) are going to look like they're running across rocky outcroppings in an ocean/stream/body of water. Here are the first couple (rock-greyification is still tbd)

teddet

Postby elrodogg » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:26 am

Very nice work!

The waves on that new base look fantastic, that's a great blue you painted. The army as a whole looks solid. I love seeing a bright army.

The gryphon model looks like a purdue chicken that was enhanced for extra boob action.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:35 am

:lol: well done with the rooster.
WickerNipple

Postby teddet » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:44 am

Thanks -- I have a bunch of gor hooves that I'm going to try to use on the demi-gryph knights, but I'm not as sure that they'll work. It might be hard to get them lined up correctly.
teddet

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Make em 2 legged so they look even more like chocobos.
WickerNipple

Next

Return to Modeling and Painting