Adepticon for greenhorns

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Re: Adepticon for greenhorns

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:04 pm

If you aren't drunk the entire time you are doing it wrong. Demo games are usually available at any time. Just ask around the area where they are demoing - the guys running demos may take breaks or whatnot, but there is not much of a strict schedule.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby mannahnin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Chicago stuffed and New York style pizza don't bear direct comparison; they're so different. They're both great, IMO.

FW sells; there's a little on display. Demos are usually just walk-up.

Yes, you can drink in the halls. Usually they have dedicated bars just outside the main halls, serving beer, liquor, and often 40k-themed cocktails. The hotel asks that people not bring outside booze into the halls; some folks do it but keep it subtle, like buying the same brands of beer that the hotel bars serve, or carrying flasks.
mannahnin

Postby mattbird » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:34 pm

mannahnin wrote:Chicago stuffed and New York style pizza don't bear direct comparison; they're so different. They're both great, IMO.

FW sells; there's a little on display. Demos are usually just walk-up.

Yes, you can drink in the halls. Usually they have dedicated bars just outside the main halls, serving beer, liquor, and often 40k-themed cocktails. The hotel asks that people not bring outside booze into the halls; some folks do it but keep it subtle, like buying the same brands of beer that the hotel bars serve, or carrying flasks.

Other, more manly men, just bring in kegs!
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:16 pm

So are you still naked, covered in vomit and sleeping in a Chicago gutter?
WickerNipple

Postby FauxTalbot » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:33 pm

I made it out alive, and in one piece (although my wallet is quite a bit lighter). It was honestly the most fun I've had all year. The marathon days of gaming were rough... 10 hours of games plus booze every day can wear you down. By game four of the team tourney I was delirious which is probably the reason we got Eldar-cheated (Uncle Pete can confirm). Good times all around.

Chicago pizza is tasty, by the way.. kind of like handheld lasagna.
- Mat
FauxTalbot

Previous

Return to Warmonger Club