Chess Clocks / Scenario Zones

Moderators: Anger Worm, siridar

Postby Daggermouth » Fri May 11, 2012 11:59 am

So, after playing terminus in "kill box" games two weeks in a row I've decided that I don't want to play without a chess clock and scenario (it's much less interesting when there's no repercussion to continually backing up). Does anyone know where I could pick up a cheap chess clock? I'd like to get it in the city because I don't want to pay $5-10 shipping on a $20 item. Also, I'm interested in creating some scenario zones to keep at the club, but I don't want to use the standard cardboard cutouts. I was thinking of either using the mesh stuff that you put under table placements or some kind of clear flimsy rubber (just to notate the outside of the zones). Any ideas?
Ian
Daggermouth

Re: Chess Clocks / Scenario Zones

Postby siridar » Sun May 13, 2012 10:18 pm

I've been looking into getting a few chess clocks, so if you want to piggy back off of my order to split shipping, or possibly get enough for free shipping that is one option. Haven't decided which model exactly yet, but there's a blue digital one that's relatively inexpensive.

On the scenario zone cut-outs you could try shelf-liners. You can get a nice large roll for cheap. Makes storage easy too.
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.
siridar

Postby Daggermouth » Sun May 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Right on. The shelf liners are similar to what they had at colonial. I'd be looking to spend around $20-25 on a clock so id be happy to throw into an order if that's near the cost of the clock.
Ian
Daggermouth

Postby elrodogg » Sun May 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Have you checked with the strat? They carry all sorts of chess products. If they don't have, then look down by bleeker street. There is a row of chess stores just south of Washington square park.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby BileBelcher » Tue May 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Last week we started using apps on our phones. I have one on my iPad too for when WarRoom comes out
BileBelcher

Postby JoeGuardsman » Thu May 31, 2012 10:40 am

I got my chess clock from the Strat and I don't recommend it on price point. Maybe they had a cheaper model. I just took the one that I liked the looks of or the closest one to my face perhaps.

There is something that I don't like about those place mats. I think it's just that I hate the way the material feels and I have no desire to work with it. Oak tag cut outs for me.
Paul Rogers

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper, only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane.
JoeGuardsman

Postby Daggermouth » Thu May 31, 2012 1:16 pm

For a chess clock I just downloaded battle clock. The app is great, very clear and a nice interface. I found this great liner for under sinks that I used to cut scenario zones out of. It's thin silicone so it will flex enough to form to hills but is strong enough not to rip. it's also dark grey so it will be visible but not take away from the visual of the table. I'll have them at the strat tonight.
Ian
Daggermouth

Return to Warmachine / Hordes