Some Sisters of Battle I've been working on

Painting and converting tips, show off your models, get advice!

Re: Some Sisters of Battle I've been working on

Postby Anger Worm » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:28 pm

There's an Iron Warrior's stripes article in White Dwarf 300.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby teddet » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 am

I will try and find a copy of it. I do need to fix up some of the guns (and generally touch up the details on the sisters). BUT...
I've made some more progress on their bases. I'm intending to paint the sides black, but I figured it would be easiest to do once all the figures have been attached to the bases (so I have something to hold).

(mainly the alien infested bases -- there are also "plain" bases which you'll see in the pics below)

The sisters are also getting reinforcements in the form of an imperial guard allied contingent. However, these ones will be a little skinnier than normal IG.

And finally, another potential painting project for after the sisters, thoughts?
teddet

Postby WickerNipple » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:44 am

I'd do the flight attendants with guns, first. Sisters+Guard is ridiculous.
WickerNipple

Postby Guy In Suit » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:56 am

I agree - those female guardsmen are cool!

I'd have to see the Dark Greendar fully painted - as is the scheme just seems off.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby teddet » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:34 pm

I've been working on the flight attendants, and will have some pics soonish. The Greendar I like, but i think they're suffering b/c i just reprimed over somebody else's (poor) paint job, so they don't look very crisp -- plus I need to work on how I paint white. I will clean them up a bit, then post some pics.

Also, here are a couple pics with the edges of the bases cleaned up (i'm hoping the shine will go down a bit when i hit them with the matte varnish).

teddet

Postby Anger Worm » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Those make great guardsmen. Very cool addition. I'd suggest adding some cohesiveness with the sisters by doing purple coats instead of the blue.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby teddet » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:16 pm

Hmm, I hadn't thought of their coats as blue -- I'll have to look at it again. It's that GW new grey -- "Celestica Grey"? or something like that. I was thinking that the grey would echoe the armour a bit, while the yellow accents would tie them to the sisters while showing that they're from a different army? They also all have purple scarves now (and a few have purple hair). Here are a couple more pics (poor quality b/c taken with my BB). Let me know if you still think I should go purple on the coats.

teddet

Postby Anger Worm » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:48 pm

The new pics show the colors you're describing a bit better. Initially I thought you were using a light blue and beige for the accents.

I quite like the models you're using, and your placement of colors. I see the yellow tie-in more now. Your color scheme works fine as it is with purple scarves and yellow flaps and hats. On the other hand, I feel more cohesiveness is always more effective on the tabletop, so the purple jackets may look even better. If you're undecided why not paint a test model?
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby teddet » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:00 pm

I have a few more bad cell-phone pics of my imperial guardswomen on their new bases. Better pics to come when I have a chance. I haven't had the energy to do a full purple-coated test model, but am thinking that if I expand this more, I might need something to distinguish the models -- maybe purple coats will be the way to go (after 50 grey coats for my blob squad ;))

Any thoughts for a paint scheme for the "walls" in the background? Leave them metal? Should I do one more layer of highlight on the dirt, or would a wash be better?
teddet

Postby teddet » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:18 pm

And a few more things got finished. Comments and criticism welcome:

Saint Celestine with her wings and halo

A couple more guys for the army (a test seraphim and my IG general (and emperor clone for my fluff))

And a group shot:
teddet

PreviousNext

Return to Modeling and Painting